• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Bailiffs at 39 weeks pregnant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax Bailiffs at 39 weeks pregnant

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Sounds just like an Anonymous YouTube video.... "We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."

Can you imagine what that might come out like if the UK electorate turned on the present shower in Westminster... "We are the Electorate. We are legion. We will not forgive. We will not forget. Expect us to turf you out of power sometime very soon. Losers"
    Common Purpose will try to usurp any revolution with their Act beyond authority placemen and Quislings

Comment

Probably signed up to an association CoP.

Hold up............they don't appear to be on the list! http://www.civea.co.uk/member-list.htm
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Common Purpose will try to usurp any revolution with their Act beyond authority placemen and Quislings
        Thing is, BB, Brian Gerrish is doing a very good job blowing the whistle on the CP lot and more and more people are waking up to what is going on. The reality is, CP are s****ing themselves as they are exposed. One has committed suicide. From what was said about him, he sounded a nasty piece of work.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          Merton Council run their own in-house Bailiffs.
          Oh joy - absolutely no way to avoid liability.

This is going to be good.

Comment

Hello everyone - any suggestions of what to write in my response letter?

Comment

First suggestion is
              " As you are signed up (or should be to the National Standards) I enclose proof of my condition, and therefore our families vulnerable status, and request you remove the account from the bailiff, and allow me to pay directly an amount from the arrears which permits me to afford to pay this years council Tax"

Over to other Beagles...

Comment

Try something like this -

Merton Council
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sirs,

Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Further to previous correspondence in connection with the matter at reference, I am writing to put Merton Council on formal notice that, in view of its apparent failure to comply with the Ministry of Justice National Standards for Enforcement Agents and its statutory duty under Section 3, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (Duty to Ensure the Health and Safety of Those Not In Its Employment), it is my intention to pursue a formal complaint with Health and Safety Inspectors due to the fact that I am currently suffering with pre-eclampsia, an ante-natal condition that can have serious and potentially-fatal consequences. Merton Council has been advised and notified of the pre-eclampsia previously. Should Merton Council require confirmation of my condition and the complications pertaining thereto, I am more than happy to ask that my GP and midwife contact the Council directly.

The pre-eclampsia, together with the fact that I am 39 weeks' pregnant, makes not only myself, but my entire household vulnerable, as defined by the Ministry of Justice National Standards for Enforcement Agents and which Merton Council has signed and agreed to comply with.

I am now formally requesting that my case is recognised as vulnerable and Merton Council ceases and desists from allowing its bailiffs and officers to engage in conduct amounting to harassment, which is having an adverse effect on my blood pressure and which, in the case of someone suffering from pre-eclampsia, can have serious consequences. All bailiffs and council officers would be well-advised to read Section 7, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 as regards their statutory duty in respect of ensuring compliance with Section 3 of the Act.

The arrears owing are not in dispute and it has already been made clear to Merton Council, by me, that I am willing to set up and commence a payment plan with effect from 1 August 2013 in order to clear the arrears.

I now expect Merton Council to take its responsibilities under the Ministry of Justice National Standards for Enforcement Agents and Section 3, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 seriously.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let other LB members read, comment and amend where necessary, Nhamo. However, as I am sure your GP and midwife have advised you, pre-eclampsia can have serious complications and Merton Council need to wake up and smell the coffee. I would certainly file a formal complaint against them with Health and Safety inspectors. Yes, they will be the ones at Merton Council's Environmental Health Department, but they can prosecute the Council for breaching health and safety, as well as food hygiene and food safety legislation. EHOs and EHPs do not need to submit files to the CPS and have powers, enshrined in law, that empower them to initiate prosecutions themselves.

Comment

Seems good to me, certainly one that should have the numpties at Merton eating the Immodium, they really are a mealy-mouthed arrogant clueless bunch at Merton Council bailiffs,

Comment

BB,

It's tempting to advise Nhamo to send copies to the Chief Executive, Head of Revenues, the clown who signed the arrogant letter to her and the couldn't-care-less bailiff. Personalising something like this does have an effect as it reminds council officers of their individual as well as their collective duties and responsibilities and shakes them out of their complacency and drives home the fact they are not above the law and are not untouchable.

Comment

Wow thank you so much!!! Will re draft, send and report back.

Comment

Copies should be sent to CEO councillors and MP to show how the council treat the people who pay their wages

Comment

Originally posted by Nhamo View Post
                          Wow thank you so much!!! Will re draft, send and report back.
                          You're welcome, Nhamo. Make sure you file a complaint with the Health and Safety Inspectors. Also, speak to your GP and midwife. I doubt they will be very happy with Merton Council, its officers and bailiffs. I do know that pre-eclampsia can have very serious complications and at this stage in your pregnancy you need to be careful. You don't need the hassle you are receiving, at present, from Merton Council.

Comment

What is all the more risible is these are in house, the councils own bailiffs, not a contracted certificated scrote agent like the usual suspects

they should know better and deserve all the odium and bad publicity they should get.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X