• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

REALLY need help with collectica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY need help with collectica

hello, i need help, oct last year we had a visit as a previous address from tv license guy and out license was out of date, after that he set up a direct debit and left, then 2 week later we moved out back to my partners parents.

in jan this year we got a new house and set up tv license, months later we got a letter from court saying we was found guilty in the feb, (no idea about it)

soon after this is was passed straight to collectica, saying her fine from £165 is now £465 and will take action to remove the good, i check the guy on the register and he was not a registered as a bailiffs. so my partner rang them about a payment plan, they said we have to pay £50 per week, they never did a income outcome form, just they wont settle for less then £50 a week to stop bailiffs, she said we on job seekers and at a push may be able to pay £50 per month not week, they said this is volentory payments, and wont stop bailiffs, as we start to pay this so much a week we now receive a letter today from a bailiff (registered) saying we have till saturday to pay or they coming in 2 days with locksmith and police to take goods.

i really need help please

thanks in advanced

any more info i will try to provide
    Tags: None

Re: REALLY need help with collectica

Collectica have form for this sort of behaviour and recently got a figurative smack in the mouth from HMCTS who pulled an MC Distress Warrant from them over it.

When the letter arrived from the court, did you contact the court and inform this was the first you knew about this? TV Licensing is run on behalf of the BBC by a private company named Capita PLC who have form for not telling people they are being taken to court. Have the court asked you to swear a Statutory Declaration to have the conviction set aside (cancelled)? It sounds like paperwork went to your old address. Were TVL told about your change of address when you moved? However, Capita have form for telling HMCTS the wrong address to gain an uncontested conviction. Is this right? Certainly not. Is it legal? Well, a number of Capita employees have convictions for Fraud and Perverting the Course of Justice as a result of it and some of those are serving prison sentences.

Which part of the UK are you in, please, as this matter may need to be referred to an HMCTS Senior Enforcement Manager.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thanks for reply,

yes she informed the court and they said there was nothing there could do and to do a income and out come form which my partner did on the phone(but she dnt deal with the household income) and they messed that up and demanded £90 per month which was impossible to pay so it was missing payments. she never been contacted by the court to swear on anything. no unfortunately TVL was not told about the move and she was convicted 4 months after the visit and moving out, yes all letters would have gone to that address, funny thing is when the guy came out, we had a tv, but it was broke and waiting for tv guy to come out, no internet to use computer with, but still fine us. and we live in south tyneside

Comment

Hi can anyone give me some advise pleeeeease????
        ok, so I took a loan out with welcome finance about 6 yrs ago, I then got my PPI back in 2010 resulting in me having to resign paperwork. I still owe £8k and have been paying also never missing a payment. Today I checked my experian as we are trying to get a new mortgage and it says my welcome finance loan was satisfies/paid in full in 2010... I'm so confused????? There is nothing on my credit file under any name it literally says I am in no debt??????? Do I stop paying them? Honest opinions of what u would do please?????

Comment

Originally posted by Emmafox53 View Post
          Hi can anyone give me some advise pleeeeease????
          ok, so I took a loan out with welcome finance about 6 yrs ago, I then got my PPI back in 2010 resulting in me having to resign paperwork. I still owe £8k and have been paying also never missing a payment. Today I checked my experian as we are trying to get a new mortgage and it says my welcome finance loan was satisfies/paid in full in 2010... I'm so confused????? There is nothing on my credit file under any name it literally says I am in no debt??????? Do I stop paying them? Honest opinions of what u would do please?????
          Hi Emma,

I will ask Site Team to move your post to the appropriate forum and start your own thread where you can receive advice specific to your case.

Bluebottle

Comment

Originally posted by carlwayne View Post
            thanks for reply,

yes she informed the court and they said there was nothing there could do and to do a income and out come form which my partner did on the phone(but she dnt deal with the household income) and they messed that up and demanded £90 per month which was impossible to pay so it was missing payments. she never been contacted by the court to swear on anything. no unfortunately TVL was not told about the move and she was convicted 4 months after the visit and moving out, yes all letters would have gone to that address, funny thing is when the guy came out, we had a tv, but it was broke and waiting for tv guy to come out, no internet to use computer with, but still fine us. and we live in south tyneside
            Okay. Could you list events in the order they have happened, please? That way it is easier to see what has happened, what hasn't happened, what should have happened and what needs to happen.

Who demanded £90 a month, the courts or Collectica?

Trying to engineer a default and, indeed, force debtors to pay more than they can realistically afford to pay is a no-no.

Comment

• moved into new address, got letter (first letter) further step notice
              • rang up for payment plan (court) ordered to pay £90p/m min
              • letter from collectica
              • rang collectica was order to pay £50 p/w but told them at a push of top of head maybe able to pay 50p/m
              • was told it was voluntary and would not stop balliffs
              • made few payments ( £10)
              • now received letter saying he coming on saturday to remove goods with locksmith even if we not here
              • my partner texted him saying we cant get that sort of money in 2 days,
              • he text back saying GET IT BY MONDAY.

this is as i remember most

Comment

You need to refer this matter to the HMCTS Senior Enforcement Manager for your area. If there has been no examination of your means, then what the hell is the court playing at demanding a minimum of £90 per month? That would equate to a fine of £540. Do they have an order or have you been sent an order to back up the £90 per month payments?

Collectica cannot order you to pay £50 per week that you cannot realistically afford. They have tried this recently with someone else and got a hard slap for lying not only to the debtor, but to HMCTS as well.

Which court imposed the fine? If it is in South Tyneside, the contact details you need are -

Senior Enforcement Manager - Cleveland, Durham & Northumbria
                Central Enforcement Unit
                Teeside Magistrates Court
                Victoria Square
                Middlesborough
                TS1 2AS

T. 01642 261681
                E. postbox@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

I would advise you to email tonight or first thing tomorrow morning, quoting a contact telephone number. It may not necessarily be the SEM who contacts you, more likely, one of their staff. Please ensure you set out your case clearly and concisely in your email.

Comment

thanks for this, at least a little hope, i am not very good with emails in what to say though,

the £90pm they ordered to pay was from a income and outcome thing over the phone that my partner did, although she does not deal with our money and they also got our income all wrong.

Comment

thanks for this, at least a little hope, i am not very good with emails in what to say though,

the £90pm they ordered to pay was from a income and outcome thing over the phone that my partner did, although she does not deal with our money and they also got our income all wrong.
                    That needs sorting out. Include it in your email to the SEM. In my expreience, SEMs and their staff are very helpful. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hi I email to address provided but its wrong one they said , cant find the one I need I live in hebburn , tyne ans wear

Comment

Its south tyneside mag

Comment

Or newcastle

Comment

funny thing is when the guy came out, we had a tv, but it was broke and waiting for tv guy to come out, no internet to use computer with, but still fine us. and we live in south tyneside
                            In that case, you were not guilty!

It is not an offence merely to own a TV receiver without a licence, nor does one need a TV licence to access the 'net.

It is an offence to use a TV set or other equipment to receive live, broadcast transmissions but, as your set was somewhat buggered, you could not do that.

To have obtained a conviction, the TV goon would have needed to state an untruth in evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              In that case, you were not guilty!

It is not an offence merely to own a TV receiver without a licence, nor does one need a TV licence to access the 'net.

It is an offence to use a TV set or other equipment to receive live, broadcast transmissions but, as your set was somewhat buggered, you could not do that.

To have obtained a conviction, the TV goon would have needed to state an untruth in evidence.
                              The TVL goon will have extracted a confession during the "Doorstep interview under caution" they have had people who don't own a TV prosecuted by that means.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X