• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ahhhh will I ever learn......?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ahhhh will I ever learn......?

This can find all of your elected leaders in one go.

http://www.writetothem.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
      Thanks BB how do I find out who my local council member is please? And it's Jacobs not Rossendales :tinysmile_aha_t: not that it makes much difference which bunch of cowboy robbers it is.......!
      Rossendales were the muppets who levied third party cars in the Blaby council ruling, knowing how Jacobs operate, the car owner of the motor levied by Jacobs was lucky they didn't clamp and actually take (steal) it

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Rossendales were the muppets who levied third party cars in the Blaby council ruling, knowing how Jacobs operate, the car owner of the motor levied by Jacobs was lucky they didn't clamp and actually take (steal) it
        Which council ruling? Be interested to know about that. I'm thinking that they know it's not mine, seeing as I haven't had anything to indicate that they levied on anything from Jacobs and the fact that as you say it hasn't been clamped or towed. Let them crack on, they steal someone's car because they a) didn't inform me of the levy so I can tell them it's not mine and b) couldn't be bothered to see who it's actually registered to, that's their problem not mine. I can't tell them I don't own the car if they don't bother to tell me they've levied on it. I will tell the council though, and ask them just how they expect me to prove I don't own it as I don't know who it belongs to. Might add that if this doesn't resolve the situation then when Jacobs seize the car and the owner reports it stolen, and the police find it, that'll be proof it's not mine won't it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
          This can find all of your elected leaders in one go.

http://www.writetothem.com/
          Thanks found them, there's 3 might write to all of them.........

Comment

"Which council ruling? Be interested to know about that. I'm thinking that they know it's not mine, seeing as I haven't had anything to indicate that they levied on anything from Jacobs and the fact that as you say it hasn't been clamped or towed."

http://www.lgo.org.uk/news/2012/jul/...iliff-charges/

Comment

Lovely thank you bizzybob, may forward twit at council the link.......!

Comment

Have today received a reply to my email I sent on 5th July regarding Jacobs levying car and the outstanding CT etc. They have -

Asked Jacobs to remove fees from account regarding levy and van for a car I don't own, the account is on hold with them while they rectify fees and then they will have account returned to council.
                They have also requested the return of the liability order issued on 10th of July, and have agreed to my payment plan to pay off the arrears (already almost cleared) and the rest of 2013 council tax.

I was holding an email to my local elected leader to send had they pursued the car angle and insisted on keeping the LO for this year and the fees etc, didn't need it in the end! I must say the tone of the letter is rather apologetic, and I'm pleased with the outcome, no bailiffs, fees removed at first asking and LO returned straight away.

Thank you Beagles, and I hope this gives inspiration to anyone else going through this, stand up for yourself, find out your rights and use them so you aren't bullied into being ripped off and harassed!

:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

I am pleased you got a good result Montzer, take care.
                  Enaid x

Comment

Fantastic result Monz, really pleased that you got this all sorted to your satisfaction. xxx

Our next meet is in Brighton It will be our pre- XMAS bash 29th November to 1st December, http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ton&highlight= and hope you are up for another LB weekend, we would love to see you again. Everyone is welcome to join us.
                    Last edited by TUTTSI; 22nd July 2013, 15:02:PM.

Comment

Nice one, Monz!!
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Great result, a kick in the yarbles and a tolchocking for Jacobs, Brilliant!

Comment

Great result for you, however I bet they don't learn by their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                            Great result for you, however I bet they don't learn by their mistakes.
                            They won't because they will be looking for the next poor clueless victim they can fleece. the swine

Comment

Well done and congrats, Monz !!! That's got them off your back - and got you a bit of grudging respect from the Council, I guess.

As the guys here have said, though, there are still plenty of others who will need help dealing with bailiffs. The beat goes on....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X