• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
    Exactly, somewhere down the line it will catch up with him big time, however the bailiff from Bristols & Stupor, was silly claiming a civil PCN is a criminal matter on film. He has left himself wide open to criticism for his words at the door.
    But criticism isn't going to hurt the bailiff is it? Sticks + stones and all that.....the person avoiding the fine will ultimately pay the biggest price cos it is going to bite him HARD on the bum.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
      Don't know if anyone's still interested but I just saw this bloke's latest video, things seem to be hotting up a little: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4grHHrEQU8

Most interestingly, he says he's going to be interviewed for a BBC documentary.
      Is there an issue in terms of the fact that he is filming the two bailiffs when they have effectively withdrawn their consent?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        the bailiff claimed he was collecting for an outstanding PCN for Nottinghamshire Council, the poster says "I am not a criminal" to which the bailiff retorts " You must have committed a CRIME, that's why I am here" he intimated that the PCN had the same standing imho as a court fine. Now that is prima facie misrepresentation, council PCN is decriminalised, notice the Berlingo type van in the background, obviously worth £200 van fee (not)
        Thing is when people say things like that, it makes it sound like 61shirley is in the right but the truth is the law won't be on his side. Yes, I realise that big thick baliff probably said various inaccurate things (the "It must be a crime, that's why we're here" line was funny, made him sound like he thought he was a police officer) or didn't use the right terminology but 61shirley has deluded himself into thinking the council has no right to give him parking fines, so he thinks he won that little battle with the baliffs, not seeming to realise he is not going to win in the long run (or if he does then he think he'll be some kind of martyr) The only thing I'd agree with him on is possibly that £57 callout fee is taking the piss a little.
        Last edited by GO84; 23rd May 2013, 15:03:PM.

Comment

Well, I've just gotten a £60/£100 parking ticket because the cinema I've been going to for years and not had to pay to park at before now requires you to log in your numberplate to quality for free parking at the large car park for the leisureworld complex. Of course I didn't notice this. I sent a message to the parking eye appeals website with a photo of my box office receipt to see if they'll let me off.

I've checked 61shirley's Youtube channel (now called Daniel Bostock) and incredibly he still hasn't gotten in trouble. In one of his recent videos he's ringing government departments and financial advice hotlines asking what happens exactly if you don't pay tax. No one seemed to give him a proper answer.

I tried mentioning this subject of declining to contract to my dad but he just got annoyed and refused to discuss it. If I was anything like Daniel Bostock he would probably strangle me.

Comment

Well, I've just gotten a £60/£100 parking ticket because the cinema I've been going to for years and not had to pay to park at before now requires you to log in your numberplate to quality for free parking at the large car park for the leisureworld complex. Of course I didn't notice this. I sent a message to the parking eye appeals website with a photo of my box office receipt to see if they'll let me off.

I've checked 61shirley's Youtube channel (now called Daniel Bostock) and incredibly he still hasn't gotten in trouble. In one of his recent videos he's ringing government departments and financial advice hotlines asking what happens exactly if you don't pay tax. No one seemed to give him a proper answer.

I tried mentioning this subject of declining to contract to my dad but he just got annoyed and refused to discuss it. If I was anything like Daniel Bostock he would probably strangle me.

At worst you should get a popla code. GPEOL is your friend

M1

Comment

I don't know what that means.

Comment

Genuine pre estimate of loss.

Template popla appeal http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Popla is the appeals service.

M1

Comment

First I need to wait for a reply from them.

Or should I just tell them I "decline to contract" and stonewall them with all this gibberish about ancient laws and maybe they'll eventually tell me they aren't going to pursue it any further?

Could somebody please explain how that bloke on Youtube has managed to get away with it for so long?

Comment

Wait for your rejection and go to popla which works http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

You want to try the hard way or the easy way

M1

Comment

What's the hard way?

Comment

Anything that doesn't involve an appeal to popla and citing the GPEOL i mentioned

M1

Comment

I'm worried that if my current appeal is rejected, I'm going to have a big argument with my dad (it's his car) if I suggest trying to take this further and doing an appeal with this popla thing instead of paying up the fine straight away. After 2 weeks it'll go from £60 to £100 and I've only got 28 days total (then what happens?)

Comment

I can't help with your dad but if you go via popla as i suggested it'll go from a threat to a memory.

As well as the results i posted earlier http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...67&postcount=2

Again they haven't updated for ages probably because there are so many wins for the motorist. It's a walk in the park.

M1

Comment

I am of Multi Differing abilities M y son is an amputee.. WE Need accessable parking .. As a blue badge holder along with many other BBHs feel targetted by Traffic wardens IE The Iciest winter in 50 years a Blue Badged car was ticketed because the badge wasnt visable WHY is wasnt visable becasue the inside was fogged up as the heater had packed in... In all my years of driving Im finding now the inconsideration rudest and downright aggression from Non blue badge holders is on the increase
                              I ask peeps Walk just two minutes in my special shoes and one would have a different outlook on things
                              LoVE pEACE and Happies

........................................ All opinions are my own and cannot be taken as legal fact you have to check it all out for yourself
                              .................................................. Im just happy to find tips or wrinkles ''stuff'' to be a help to those seeking ..... ....
                              .................................................. ..My Jacobs fight @ MeningitisNow .org Support the Cause to find a Cure

Comment

There is a 'private parking' section on the forum where you will get plenty of advice. Since the Protection of Freedoms Act these notices should no longer be ignored( and in particular with Parking Eye) as they issue summonses by the hundred every week. Presently you have 'appealed to 'Parking Eye' and as long as they have confirmed receipt of your appeal the case is on hold.

If they reject your appeal you will be given a PoPLA code. You have nothing to lose by going to PoPLA and presently, more appeals are going in favour of the vehicle owner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X