• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff Seizure of car. Debt is in dispute.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff Seizure of car. Debt is in dispute.

Hi,
    I am new to this and am at the total loss it is making me ill as I seem to be fobbed off with everyone I speak to.

Current situation.
    I have had a notice of seixure put on a trailer and car that is on my drive by Marstons.
    I was not in and it was posted through my door.
    The trailer is not mine and the car is worth about £750 (although has sentimental value).

Martons has told me to sign the form and return it or they will just take my goods.

How I got here.
    5 years ago I had an accident in a car. I had taken out insurance on the car and paid in full on the insurance. They did not recieve my proof of no claims and as a result cancelled my insurance a few days before the accident. I did not find out until I reported the accident to my insurance company. Then a few days later got a letter telling me they had cancelled my insurance a few days before the accident. I could not make a claim for my vehicle but it was not worth much so I left it as I got a cheque reimbursing me for my insurance premium. 5 years later I get a call from a company claiming to be acting on behalf of the Motor Insurance Bureau. Asking for money for the third parties damage on the car. I explained the situation and they looked into it stating they would follow up with my insurance company. I did not hear anything then last week I got back from working away for a month to find out that I had been taken to court for the sum of £4995 plus costs. Then my father-in -law died and with sorting out the funeral and everything I put of contacting the MIB till this week and then today I have been contacted by the bailiff.

I do not think I have been treated fairly, thought I had done everything properly and now got more problems.

To add insult to injury Marstons want £705.54 officers Fees added to the bill. Is this legal?

What can or should I do. I am self employed and can not afford payments and do not think I should be paying the bill anyway.

Please Help
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiff Seizure of car. Debt is in dispute.

Ill comment later

this motor insurance bureaux is a con

Comment

Was a personal injury claim involved

Comment

Hi, yes from the third party, it was a taxi.
        To be honest it was 5mph carsh and no one in our car was hurt it. I thought it was just a case of two cracked bumpers which is why I did not prusue it at the time, with my insurance company.

Comment

How soon after the accident was a personal injury claim made and were you informed

Comment

you need to put in a set aside application to the court to get rid of the ccj, once you put in the application then that will get the baliffs off your back. contact the court and get an n244 form, i believe unless you are on benefits then it will cost you about £75

THE WAY YOU KILL THIS BEAST IS THIS

WHEN MIB SETTLED THE CLAIM WITH THE CLAIMANT (TAXI DRIVER) THEY SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED YOU WITH THE OPPERTUNITY TO CONFIRM THAT YOU WERE WILLING TO DEFEND YOURSELF IN COURT

I WILL DRAFT THE APPLICATION FOR YOU TO SET ASIDE IF YOU WISH AND WILL POST IT ON YOUR THREAD

GAME OVER

VEXATIOUS CLAIM

Comment

I do not know when the personal injury claim was made. I was not informed. Like I said I had totally forgotten about the accident until this recent action against me.
              Thanks court action was a month amd a half ago can I still put the N244 form in.
              Thanks for the information.

Comment

should I move the car and trailer until sorted?
                The court was in Northampthon and I am in Hull will I be able to sort this out in Hull or have to go to Northampton?

Comment

Ok

this gets even better

mib cannot bring the claim as personal injuries claims have a life span of only three years

now i need the month and year of the accident

as soon as the n244 form goes in, get the court to copy it with the court seal and ram it down the baliffs throat

get that n244 form in, i need those dates

you cant lose this

Comment

Do you have the court claim at home with you

Comment

25august 2008 was the date of the accident.
                      I think it was such a long time ago. Could have been 2007 was definately 25th of august 2007 or 2008 no later.

Comment

You can put the set aside application into hull with no problem

northampton iis a bulk clearing house

do you have the court claim form
                        its a blue one labled n1

Comment

Just got the form out of my van According to the MIB the accident was "on or around 6th November 2007."

Comment

Now the hard bit

i need you to type out word for word the perticulars of claim

it will prob start

the claimant claims money for example

Comment

The claimant is the National Guarantee Fund prividing compensation to victims of uninsured negligent drivers, under an Agreement with the Department of Transport. On or around the 6th November 2007 the Defendant, driving N818***(reg details do not want to post them on here) was involved in a road traffic accident [the Accident]/ The accident was caused as a result of the defendant's negligent driving. (At all material times the defendant was driving without statutory insurance cover as required by Section 143 of the Road Traffic Act 1988). The claimant made payment to the victim of the accident in accordance with the agreement. As a condition of the payment, the victim assigned their cause of action to the claimant and notice of this was serves upon the defendant.

The claimant claims from the defendant, the sum of 4999.00 which represents part of the sums paid by the claimant to the victim, the claimant's entitlement to the remaining balance and interest is waived.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X