• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs bailiffs!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jacobs bailiffs!!!!

Originally posted by lew49 View Post
    Having spoke to my wife(and as you say, being realistic about it!!) we could make and sustain a weekly payment of £15.00(this being due to the fact that she only works 20 hours per week and I am currently unemployed(for the very short term I would love to think!!))I am not sure if this amount is too low and feel guilty even putting it to you in honesty!!!! PLEASE advise!!
    There is no such thing as "too low".

Comment

Hi lew49,
      have been through something very similar recently with the same firm of bailiffs and it all sounds sadly familiar. I got the same letter and harassment from a bailiff from this firm and complained to my council about their behaviour and with the help of this site managed to get the council to take the debt back, and am paying the exact amount I was paying the bailiffs, in fact I am nearly paid up now. I pay £20 a week as a single parent in part time low wage employment, and stated in my letter with this offer that this is all I can afford realistically and will ensure that I can meet further CT obligations etc. While the council were pratting about deciding what to do and 'investigating' my complaint, I started paying the council, directly via their online link, saving a screen shot of the 'payment complete' page and having the receipt emailed to me, as well as my credit card statement. So I have proof, 3 fold lol!!! If you do that make sure you use the reference number of the account that is in arrears and that they are chasing you for - otherwise the payments will be credited to the wrong account.
      After my complaint was investigated I did receive an apology from the council (for what it's worth!!) but most importantly I got the bailiffs off my back.
      Some bailiffs will lie and cheat and do just about anything to get money out of you, don't be their cash cow! I had a bailiff blatantly lie to me about what he was and wasn't going to do, threatening the police and locksmiths etc. I told him to go ahead, because without a court order from a judge if he so much as touched my door handle I'd have him, he still insisted he didn't need one!! He also threatened me with the 'I'll be there at 5pm with a van tomorrow' - he failed to materialise when I didn't cave in!!
      The advice on here worked for me, I hope you manage to get this sorted out, do le us know and good luck!!

Comment

thanks for your input monz, it means so much!!!! will let you know how it pans out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lew49 View Post
          REMOVAL may take place even in your absence"
          Removal may well take place in your absence but only to those items which may be found outside - garden furniture, BBQ's, cars, caravans etc but only if of any worth.

You should now up the ante and send off for a breakdown of their fees. Here's an example of what to use, adapt as you see fit and send initially by email followed by a copy in the post:

"From:
          My Name
          My Address

To:
          Acme Bailiff Co
          Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
          a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
          b - the reason for the fee.
          c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
          d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
          e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Comment

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
            All bailiffs will lie and cheat and do just about anything to get money out of you,
            IFYPFY.

Comment

The letter from Ploddertom will need sending as well. Proof of postage is all you need, that is free. Just staple to a copy of the letter. :beagle:

Comment

HI my self and my son ate having problems with Jacobs. He has a council tax Debt relating to a flat he had them lost. He is currently sleeping on my soda and usingy address to claim job seekers while awaiting housing he is mot on Amy of my rent or council tax I am a single mum with 1 disabled c!hild and 3 other kids so on benefits. My son owns nothing in my home but they are saying they can come into my home and take my belongings help please.

Comment

Also forgot to mention he dis jAbe arrangement to pay but they say he jaw defaulted on which he hasn't!

Comment

Originally posted by mummatk View Post
                    HI my self and my son ate having problems with Jacobs. He has a council tax Debt relating to a flat he had them lost. He is currently sleeping on my soda and usingy address to claim job seekers while awaiting housing he is mot on Amy of my rent or council tax I am a single mum with 1 disabled c!hild and 3 other kids so on benefits. My son owns nothing in my home but they are saying they can come into my home and take my belongings help please.
                    They are liars.

Comment

Is he using your house as a postal address?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

mummatk a statutory declaration as to your ownership of all goods and chattels in and around the premises including motor vehicles if you have any, and hat none of the aforementioned items belong to the named debtor, sent to Jacobs, and the council revenues department should kill Jacob's pig, if they seize your property then they are knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Is he using your house as a postal address?
                          Yes he is.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Bailiffs tell lies.

As the bugger has not previously entered peacefully and has not entered into a Walking Possession Agreement with the debtor, any attempt to remove goods and chattels would be a criminal offence.

Indeed, the above threat could itself be evidence of the offences of blackmail and/or fraudulent misrepresentation.

Indeed, the above threat could itself be evidence of the offences of blackmail and/or fraudulent misrepresentation.[/QUOTE]

The correct offence committed is a breach of Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
                            (a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and
                            (b)intends, by making the representation—
                            (i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
                            (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss. The other offence to consider is miss use of a fraudulent instrument. I am dealing with three complaint at the moment one with Jacobs/Flintshire and one split with Excel Civil Enforcement and Denbighshire County Council. I am seeking to gather as much evidence as possible concerning the offences committed by these firms in their dealings with council tax payers. I my opinion I submit that that the councils and their officials know that these firms are breaking the law they are just trying to ignore it.

Comment

Wigeon, these councils are actively seeking quite unlawfully to profit from enforcement, they see a kickback from fees as a revenue stream to exploit.

Comment

[QUOTE=wigeon;354285]Indeed, the above threat could itself be evidence of the offences of blackmail and/or fraudulent misrepresentation.[/QUOTE]

The correct offence committed is a breach of Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
                                (a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and
                                (b)intends, by making the representation—
                                (i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
                                (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss. The other offence to consider is miss use of a fraudulent instrument. I am dealing with three complaint at the moment one with Jacobs/Flintshire and one split with Excel Civil Enforcement and Denbighshire County Council. I am seeking to gather as much evidence as possible concerning the offences committed by these firms in their dealings with council tax payers. I my opinion I submit that that the councils and their officials know that these firms are breaking the law they are just trying to ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Hi Wigeon,

You are right about the Fraud by False Misrepresentation allegation. As far as Blackmail is concerned, you have to be able to show that the bailiff is making an unwarranted demand and, at the time of doing so, is using menaces (threats) as a means of enforcing the demand. In practice, the bailiff will have to prove he has a right in law to make the demand and that the use of threats is a proper means of enforcing the demand. If he cannot, he is seriously stuffed.

As far as the offence of Using A False Instrument goes, it will depend on what you mean by a False Instrument. A description of what you are regarding as a False Instrument would help.

As far as the councils you mention go, it will difficult to prosecute the councils as they are, by legal definition, public corporations. It is easier and more practical to target the individual council officers who are involved. With Fraud by False Misrepresentation, there are offences of aiding, abetting or being an accessory to such offences. However, it will depend on what evidence you have that determines what offence they have committed. Don't forget that council officers can be prosecuted for Misconduct/Misfeasance in Public Office, also.
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X