• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Group bailiff problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JBW Group bailiff problems

It seems interesting that Mr Gruesome should rejoice in the name of Gideon, for the meaning thereof is "destroyer".

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It seems interesting that Mr Gruesome should rejoice in the name of Gideon, for the meaning thereof is "destroyer".
      I wish you wouldn't post things like that. Being me I had to go in and look up Gideon and got a video on how to get rid of pregnancy stretchmarks!msl:msl:msl:msl:

Comment

Please Help!!!

I have had my car clamped by the same man Gideon from JBW but he has just left the clamp on and buggered off!!! i said he can take the car as he was threatening to do so if i didnt pay £715!!! This was almost 1 week ago and i still havent heard a thing from him. I even called Jbw and complained that the car is still sat there and they knew nothing about it and said perhaps he had a change of heart!?! what do i do now, he will not answer my calls and even from an unkown number.... i find this very hard to deal with and i dont know whether i should just have the thing removed myself!?!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated x

Comment

Who do you owe and how much is actually owed?

Did gruesome Gideon visit you on any previous occasion?

Comment

Just a thought, but if this idiot clamped polly's car on behalf of JBW when hes registered with Newlyns, is that not unlawful vehicle clamping, meaning the car owner can remove the clamp or have it removed and invoice the bailiff for such costs?

Also did he issue a levvy on the car prior to clamping? Not that it matters since hes acting unlawfully by working for JBW when registered for Newlyns, but clamping a car without placing a levvy first is also unlawful i believe.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

A bailiff must exercise reasonable care when clamping or attaching anything to a vehicle. If he/she causes damage to the vehicle, they and their employer are liable to make good the damage caused. As for Transport for London using an uncertificated bailiff, bit naughty of them, isn't it?

Follow the advice given to you by others on this thread. I can give you pointers on criminal aspects, being a retired policeman.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

There is no requirement AFAIK for Transport for London to use a certiifcated bailiff to collect its fines.

If a bailiff absconded with TFL's money, it has no Court to complain to, and no policy or deposit to claim their lost money.

If the bailiff is collecting a decriminilised traffic debt, then he must hold a certificate: Section 78(7) of the Road Traffic Act 1991

Comment

iam a new person to this site but i thought i would tell you this quick one had a visit from jbw last month wife say him pull up outside jump out of his van run up the drive and pushed a letter through the letter box without knocking.i rang them when i got in they said he had knocked so i would need to pay the £720.00 (£220 fine £500.00 baillif)i told them i would be contacting and the coucil to find out about the parking fine as it was 14months ago so told them i would be complaining about there baillif.GOT the hump with them so installed 2 cctv cameras. and quess what this week got a letter with jbw saying saying they had called this week and fine no gone up to £991.00 but have a quess when checked cctv no baillif at the time they say so rang them to say nobody called and i had proof and they just laughfed and told me to prove it so sent them a copy.Have also told the council and them want to see a copy should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by ANDYPANDY1 View Post
                    iam a new person to this site but i thought i would tell you this quick one had a visit from jbw last month wife say him pull up outside jump out of his van run up the drive and pushed a letter through the letter box without knocking.i rang them when i got in they said he had knocked so i would need to pay the £720.00 (£220 fine £500.00 baillif)i told them i would be contacting and the coucil to find out about the parking fine as it was 14months ago so told them i would be complaining about there baillif.GOT the hump with them so installed 2 cctv cameras. and quess what this week got a letter with jbw saying saying they had called this week and fine no gone up to £991.00 but have a quess when checked cctv no baillif at the time they say so rang them to say nobody called and i had proof and they just laughfed and told me to prove it so sent them a copy.Have also told the council and them want to see a copy should be fun
                    NICE ONE! I LIKE IT! Do you know which firm of bailiffs were involved?
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

All the parking ticket bailiffs do it, its called hit & run, where they send a guy in a van round to a list of addresses, stuff a document hanging out of the letterbox and run. They are using uncertificated persons to enable a fee for a visit.

Equita invented this MO, because up to three visits can be charged for parking ticket recovery.

Comment

Hi All,

I have not heard back from the courts and it's been way too long. My email must have gone into the "I dont care" or "Who gives a s**t" pile. I am now going to write an email to TFL explaining that JBW Group is using uncertified bailiffs to collect their fines. Hopefully I will get some kind of response from this.

I will post the letter here once it is completed.

Comment

Hi All,

I have completed my letter to TFL. Please take a look and let me know what you think:

Director of Congestion Charging
                          Congestion Charging
                          Palestra 4th Floor
                          Southwark
                          London
                          SE1 8NJ

PCN:

Subject: Use of uncertified bailiffs to collect TFL fines.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter in regards to an incident involving JBW Group who was hired by TFL to collect an unpaid congestion charging ticket from myself. For your convenience the vehicle registration number of the car involved is: xxxx xxx. To clarify the debt is paid in full including all costs JBW added.

Firstly I would like to clarify that we only received an order for recovery letter from TFL and no previous communication. As far as I understand, I was meant to receive 2 warnings previous to this? While that in itself should be sufficient, it was nothing compared to what happened next.

On the 16th December 2011 I went downstairs into our private gated garage only to find my car clamped (SEE ATTACHMENT A) and a note stuck to the driver side window. Please see ATTACHMENT B. I then immediately proceeded to call the number that was displayed on the window note. It was then I had the “pleasure” of speaking to XXX XXX who told me he was working for JBW Group and would come back the same day to remove my vehicle if we did not pay: £550.84. Please bear in mind that this was only a few days before Christmas. We were completely shocked by this and his unprofessional and incredibly rude manners.

I explained to XXX that we needed time to investigate how the case had gone this far without prior warnings (from TFL), to which he replied: “Pay now, or I will come and remove your car and more fees will be payable”. We needed our car over Christmas so we decided that the best solution would be to scrape together our savings and pay the insanely high costs to get the clamp removed.

Once XXX arrived back at our property to collect payment I immediately asked to see his ID, please see ATTACHMENT C. The first thing that struck me was the dodgy state of his ID that almost looks to be home made. However I could see a Watford County Court stamp on there so I thought to myself that it had to be genuine. After paying I decided to look online on justice.gov.uk where you can find an up-to-date register of certified bailiffs, please see ATTACHMENT D which is a screenshot taken on Saturday 4th February 2012 showing XXX XXX working for Newlyn PLC.
                          When XXX came to enforce on 16/12/11 for JBW Group he was in fact still showing as working for Newlyn PLC which makes the entire enforcement process illegal and invalid. I know this because I have consulted legal advice. It is my understanding that collection companies do pass on debts from time to time, however I called JBW Group specifically asking if the debt had been passed on from Newlyn PLC to which the answer was NO. TFL instructed JBW Group directly to collect the debt from myself. So why did a bailiff from Newlyn PLC come to collect the debt?

Finally I would also like to inform you that after we had paid the debt. XXX refused to remove sticker on the driver side window and told me to do it myself. We had to scrape the sticker off after pouring hot water on it that led to small scratch marks on the window (Please see ATTACHMENT E).

I hope that after reading this letter you will gain a better understanding of what companies such as JBW Group and other bailiff companies do to people. There are countless factual articles and statements both from the media and police units all over the UK that shows people who have actually been physically attacked by bailiffs employed by companies such as JBW Group and I am sure a professional company such as TFL does not need to be associated with companies like that.

To summarise, I have presented sufficient evidence to initiate legal proceedings against TFL for employing bailiffs who enforce illegally. If I do not hear back from you within 14 days of receipt of this letter I will seek the full amount £550.84 plsu compensation through legal means. However it is my hope that by reading this letter you will refund £550.84 without the means of legal intervention.

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

Comment

To Admins / Mods:

Here you can find the laws surrounding my particular issue. The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts Regulations 1993: The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993

I am currently comparing the fees in the regulation and the ones I received. Preliminary calculations on my end suggests that they have charged much more than they are allowed to. Yet another piece of evidence that these companies operate illegally. I'll share my uncensored findings once I have double checked.

Cheers

Comment

It is obvious, from the breakdown of fees (link) provided by the numb-nuts at JBW, that you have indeed been overcharged. This would still be true if one accepted that all their fees were valid, as the letter fee was charged at £11.20 whereas the letter fee that the regulations allow is a mere £10 - and that's only allowed if the letter is sent before their jackanape attended.

The regulations allow for a fee of 20% to be charged on debts under £200 and, as the original penalty was just £187, that means a fee under paragraph 2 of the regulations of £38. (Fractions of pounds are always rounded up in such calculations, as the law recognises that bailiffs have rather limited cerebral abilities.)

No other fees should have been charged.

I am not a lawyer, but I nevertheless believe you have a valid case against TfL, JBW and Gruesome Gideon, jointly and severally, for the excessive fees paid and the costs of repairing the criminal damage caused - side window badly scratched and needing to be replaced. You might as well add barmy, bicycling, big-headed Boris to the claim, as that might get wider press interest. TfL surely wouldn't want to be associated with Gruesome Gideon, no matter how remotely, if his previous antics were to be revealed.

Comment

The above letter has been sent to both TFL and JBW group today. I'll update you as soon as I hear something.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X