• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed re: Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent help needed re: Bailiff

Given that bailiffs would sell their Granny for a fiver, you need to find out from the council precisely how much you owe. Call them first thing tomorrow and ask them for the actual figure because the figure the bailiffs are quoting you will be inclusive of their fictitious fees.

In the meantime, in the bailiff guide, you will find a link to a Subject Access Request - you need to send this to the bailiffs.

Does your car have any finance on it?

Comment

Sorry, I think the £380 figure is what is left to pay, including the bailiff fees for 2 visits. Which are £22.50 and £16.50 if I remember correctly.

There is no finance on our car.

I will take a look at the subject access request, thanks.

Comment

So, are you saying that the best action would be to pay the council what is owed to them and not pay any bailiff fees? Will they still have grounds to take my car if I do this?

Comment

I have spoken to the council today and am being sent a complaint form to fill in regarding the bailiff. I said that that was no good to me, given that I had until tomorrow to protect my car, so she has put my account 'on hold' for 14 days, until I complete and return this form. I asked her if this guarantees that my car is safe, and she couldn't answer.
          She looked at the agency website and saw that our account is up to date and couldn't see anything about a Walking Possession order. ???

In the meantime, my husband has spoken to Andrew James Enforcement and has been told that it's all up to date and not to worry. But I AM still worried, having read a lot of the threads on this forum, I don't trust these people at all. so I have told my husband to call them back and ask for it in writing.

I don't want to deal with these people at all anymore, and want to pay our debt direct to the council instead. If I do this, will I still have to pay the bailiff fees?

Comment

Yes, you will still have to pay any legitimate bailiff fees. That's why it's best to send the SAR then you can see exactly what fees have been placed on your account, then you will be able to get any erroneous ones taken off.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Thank you Wendy, I will do that x

Comment

Originally posted by anony-mouse View Post
                I have told my husband to call them back and ask for it in writing.
                Surprise surprise, they won't put this into writing.

I am sending the SAR this afternoon.

Comment

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUt3ar-3xjU">

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X