• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marston bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marston bailiffs

i closed my business down last year and owed a supplier 1100.00 that they hadnt chased me for last tuesdaya marstons baliff arrived at my home when i was out and posted a walkin possession through my letter box for my boat on my driveway

i sent them a letter by recorded delivery offering to apy in installments with a cheque enclosed
    they replied after cashing my cheque by stating thet i was in arrears and had refused to sign the walking possession agreement they made no acknowledgement of my letter sent or payment proposition

their letter also states that they will be at my property on 23/03 with a removal company

what should i do next
    Last edited by Curlyben; 14th March 2011, 05:49:AM. Reason: formatting
    Tags: None

Re: marston baliifs

Personally I'd go to the original supplier full of apologies, stressful time etc... etc... and offer them a sensible but sustainable repayment plan and ask them politely to call off the bailiffs.

The problem is they are now on a very strong wicket, so swallowing your pride and doing a little bit of grovelling may well be your best way forward, even if it goes against the grain!

Amy is the expert with bailiffs here though, so see what she says.

Comment

Were you a limited company?

Has this been to court? What paperwork do you have?

Comment

yes it went to court ive now found out under my old business leased address the mail was supposed to be forwarded by the landlord but not all recieved there has been a ccj issued not satisfied marstons canvassed the creditor offering to chase me then the first i knew was a wp through my home letterbox the creditor didnt have my home address it must have been traced somehow

Comment

Have a read of the bailiff guide if you haven't already done so Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and be aware that you will need to keep a close eye on what fees Marston are charging you.

Comment

i have nearly satisfied the debt with them i have said to them as i have not signed the wp they cant charge me so they have agreed to 40p per day, what do you think

also they have actually advised me that i should apply to have the ccj set aside when it is paid as the creditor hasnt acted correctly by purposely using my wrong address could i have it removed as the ccj was 06/11/2010

thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X