• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help marstons

had a visit today from the bailiff firm marstons about an out standing fine form the magistrates i refused to let him in so he went and got the police while he was gone i phoned and payed the out standing fine wich was for £150 they excepted my payment now marstons still want me to pay £75 bailiff fees and £200 attendance & removal costs as they have not removed anything how can they charge for doing so any advice would be gratefully accepted
    Tags: None

Re: help marstons

I'd say he's out of luck.

Comment

who is out of luck

Comment

also as i have paid the fine does the distress warrent still stand

Comment

Originally posted by louie1 View Post
          who is out of luck
          The bailiff can go whistle dixie is what Amy is saying
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

sorry im a bit confused should i not pay him now the fine is payed as he is due back in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by louie1 View Post
              sorry im a bit confused should i not pay him now the fine is payed as he is due back in the morning
              You pay them nothing since you have paid the original creditor their money.
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I am having problems with Marstons Group, Got a fine for a tv licence, It has now gone to marstons, The fine was £250 and he is trying to charge me another £275 for knocking at my door, I explained that i am on benefits and can not afford to pay, he says that i can pay £100 per week, I have made 1 payment but cant afford anymore, Basically he is saying he will break in, I have checked the balliff database and can not find him as a certificated balliff, any help would be grateful, P.S. I am not avoiding the debt just cant afford £100 per week.

Comment

Have you read this guide yet? Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Were you ordered to pay this £250 in installments and if so, how much were they?

Comment

My fine was £250, then Marstons came and wanted £275 as well, He would only accept £100 per week for 5 weeks, explained that i am on benefits but he is threatening to break in.

Thank u

Comment

Yes, I got that, but what we need to know is what the court told you not what the bailiff told you.

Were you ordered, by the court, to pay in installments and if so how much were they?

Comment

No, I thought it was coming out of my benefits, but it wasnt, Spoken to the courts and they are not helpful, told me to ignore the balliff in which i cant cos dont want a locksmith to break in

Comment

Who told you the repayments would be taken from your benefits?

Comment

I have a short fall in my benefit money, so when i phoned months ago, they told me it was a tv licence fine, i called the benefit office again and they said it was a old fine, waiting to receive the paperwork. I have spoken to the baliff today and he is giving me another 2 days to pay in full.

Comment

So, is the money being taken from your benefits, or not? Is this what the shortfall in your benefits is? When you had the original fine from court, did the court tell you it would be taken from your benefits?
                              Have you had any previous paperwork or visits from the courts or the bailiffs prior to the bailiff turning up on your doorstep?
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X