• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

newlyns on their way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newlyns on their way

You really should not do this with the bailiffs, but it is up to you ultimately.

Comment

I know I shouldn't be doing it, but we have already spoken to Newlyns and we really needed our cars safe, we really cannot afford the clamping fees again and I know the default fee will be a big one, but we feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders, until next week at least, once again thanks, and I have taken on board all you have told me today and will act on it next week, Sarah

Comment

Sarah, for the record I wish you had listened to me.

Comment

Sarah, please reconsider, Amy has given you valuable advice and if you follow that advice you will get through this, basically what you are doing is throwing that advice back in her face and that is not fair at all.
          What you are now doing is digging yourselves into a deeper hole and will have no way out.
          Please, please reconsider, you are wasting valuable time.

Comment

Trust me, I wanted to, I gave in to my husband and son, but surely if I start ignoring them and stay strong they will go away eventually???????

Comment

The only way they will go away is by taking Amy's advice and by following it to the letter, with all due respect your husband and son have no experience in this and should be grateful for Amy's help.
              I really do plead with you to talk to them again and explain the situation and make them realise that you are going the wrong way about it.

Comment

Don't you think I know that, Amy has been great today, spending so much time giving me advice, but I was already in contact with Newlyns before I asked for advice, this is a vicious circle I have been in for a long time. What do I do?? they clamp our cars, we can't afford the amount they want to unclamp them, they then have our cars we can't go to work, more debt, what do we do? if we hadn't already had contact with them then that would have been different, why am I digging a bigger hole, I still won't let them in and won't have any correspondence with them after tomorrow, and yes, I feel awful that I haven't taken Amy's advice and I know I should, but I am in a desperate situation, I need my car to work, to earn money and also so I can get to my 80 year old father 70 miles away if he needs me

Comment

Blackers please I do understand and right now you feel as though you are in an impossible situation. Honestly I feel for you and so do others here, please go ahead as you feel, but remember that we are here if you need us all.

Comment

I do feel I am letting Amy down, I know her advice is the right advice and it is my intention to pay them one payment tomorrow, then tell them I will be paying the council the amount I can afford. They have intimidated me in the past, but I am going to be strong and make everyone else around me feel that way. My daughter saw an elderly couple hit by a car and killed today as she left college, we are sitting thinking how their family must be feeling at the moment, so we feel lucky we have just got a few balliffs to deal with, \I will keep everyone informed of the outcome, it is obviously to late now we have made an agreement, but we will do what we can

Comment

Please please please don not pay the bailiffs. Once you start peying themm then default, they will just add on more and more chatges which will lead to more and more stress as you try to fight the charges. If you don't let them into your house they will give up and hand the debt back to the council. AS for needing your cars for work etc, instead of paying bailiffs money you cannot afford whilst changing the registration documents, wouldn't it just be simler to move the cars, park them somewhere else, where the bailiffs can;t get them? A walk to your car every day is free, paying the bailiffs and dealing with the related hassle is very expensive, in more ways than one.

It doesn't matter that you have already dealt with Newlyns before, you don't have to deal with them this time. If you don't take steps to put an end to this and get on track, you will just carry on in this cycle and it will only get worse.

One you have paid one payment, that won't make it easier, it will ultimately make it worse.

Please listen to the advice and don't deal with the bailiffs. If you owe a lot of counicl tax you really need to get it sorted, it's a priority debt. If you are paying megabucks to the bailiffs how are you going to be able to afford to pay the current Council Tax bill? And the one after that?
                      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X