• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

private debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private debt

i borrowed 1000 pounds of a friend we wrote an agreement that i would pay her 100 pounds every month till paid of last month i paid her 200 to include this months i had to pay her sister as she was on holiday , her sister didnt tell her that i paid 2 months but thought i had paid of a little extra 2 get debt down now she has phoned me saying if i dont pay it tomorrow a bailiff is coming round on friday. we signed a agreement that i borrowed 1000 pounds . she knows i brought a car with this money and has said she will be taking the car . i only owe her two hundred pounds . will a bailiff take this on and what can i do.

Re: private debt

Nice friend !

I'd advise a change to your username if that is your real name..something anonymous....pm me with what you would like to change it to and I'll do it.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd August 2010, 17:37:PM. Reason: cause I am a spanner xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

A bailiff will NOT be "Coming round on Friday", or any other day without a judgement from the court.
      As and when this goes through the court system AND they get a judgement against you , then bailiffs might become involved. Until then it's merely a scare tactic.

I suggest you explain the facts to her and tell her to get a grip on reality.

Comment

And cross her off your Christmas Card List.
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

stupid question - but have you actually told the "friend" that you paid 2 months last month? And are you certain that the sister actually handed over the whole £200? Perhaps it's just crossed wires and sorted easier than you think. If she is still being a twat, resort to Curlben's advice and tell her to ger a grip on reality, followed by Luggerbugs advice, followed by mine - cross her off your friends list completely!
          Is no longer here

Comment

yeah she handed over the money and said when i rang her that it was a miss communication and said she would tell her sister. but the girl i owe the money to said this was not good enough . the thing is her sister is a probation officer and i thought she would know better.

Comment

*cough*
              yeah right

Comment

This is just the kind of threats that are made when people don't understand the difference between bailiffs and debt collectors.

Comment

thank you for all your help . i decided to borrow the last two hundred pounds of a family member , just to pay her of and get her out of my life for good, not worth the stress, had great pleasure in going and getting her to sign off the piece of paper then threw the money at her and told her to shove it where the sun dont shine, and TO GET A GRIP AND GET A LIFE.

Comment

Nice one.
                    I bet it felt Gooooooooooooooooood too

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X