• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff Letter Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff Letter Received

My situation has just taken another nose dive, not only am I fighting repossession of my home(see thread "help needed with Bryan Carters" I have this morning received a letter "Warrant of Execution" from the local county court for a debt £7035.00 that LINK FINANCIAL purchased from Ford Motor Credit, what do I do now? how do I respond? what are my options?
    IN OTHER WORDS HELP!!!!

Re: Bailiff Letter Received

Do you owe this money? Were you aware you were being taken to court?

Have a read of this Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

Hi Wendy, I have always disputed the amount with Link, I had an agreement with Ford but unfortunately the debt of under £5k was sold to Link, the first I knew of this escalated action was today by post.

Comment

You had no knowledge of this court action, so it will need to be set-aside.

See post #2 here help Cabot and CCJ - Legal Beagles

Comment

Amy How do I go about this action?

Comment

In the first instance you should telephone the court and explain your situation and see what advice they offer you, but if you wish to have the judgment set-aside you will need to download the N244.

Did you receive any paperwork relating to the court claim at all, or was the first you knew about when the Warrant of Execution landed?

Comment

I had paperwork from the court in relation to the debt, that is LINK applied to the court as the debt was originaly my car loan, LINK bought the debt and demanded the car back, I asked if I could sell it privately they gave written permission to do so, I sold the car for less than the demanded amount, unfortunately for LINK the cheque went into my bank account( I did not realise this btw) but it was more or less devoured by bank charges, what was left stopped me from losing my home when my mortgage company threatened repossession.
              At the time thought I would be ok , as I had a case ongoing for injuries received at work,but this case is just dragging its heels(not expected to go to court 'till Jan next year.
              Had no other letters from LINK until the warrant turned up. Thats where I am now.

Comment

You have file an N245 to have the Warrant of Execution stayed, but you will need a reason. Presumably LINK obtained a default judgment, which in itself may be enough to stay the warrant, but only if you actually do have a defence.

Since the judgment debt may not be accurate, if the original debt was under £5k yet has now reached over £7k, it may be that you will be successful in having this warrant stayed and the original judgment set aside, but you will have to act now.

Once the warrant is stayed, you may apply to have the judgment set aside, using an N244, both this and the N245 can be downloaded from here. Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

Comment

Any guidance on how to complete the form N" please?"

Comment

Which part are you stuck on?

Comment

I need help in completing parts b and c not sure how to word the form

Comment

Read post #8 again, you need the N245 first http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n245_0204.pdf

Comment

Ok Amy that form is similar to the form I completed at CAB today, it may just mean copying the data on to the N245.

Comment

You need to get the warrant stayed first (N245) and then apply to have it set aside (N244).

Comment

Don't forget about the validity of the assignment between Link and Ford.
                              Link have a Debt Purchase arm known as Asset Link Capital (No1) Limited.
                              Asset Link Capital (No 1) Limited then instructs Link Financial limited to collect the debt as appointed debt collectors. Therefore it is most likely that, if a debt owed by the Defendant had been assigned from a creditor, the assignees would be Asset Link Capital (No1) Limited therefore the Link Financial limited would not have title to sue the Defendant. So if Link Financial are the claiment in this case it is extremely doubtful they have the correct assignment paperwork and so this whole action is unlawful..

Naughty people

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X