• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private parking fine

I've received a letter from DCBL today about a unpaid parking fine.
    Ive not received any previous letters regarding this, so was completely unaware/shocked to receive this as i assumed I had paid parking on the date in question.
    I've checked my phone and I made the call to the number on the sign went through all the stuff they ask for and assumed payment had been made, but on checking my bank the payment hasnt gone through.
    This is a genuine mistake/error. I was on the call for over a minute and at no time did it say it hadn't worked or did I think I hadn't paid for parking, especially as I had used the car park a couple of weeks before.
    Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Is the letter from DCB Limited or DCB Legal?

Could you upload the letter to a hosting site and post a link here?
    first remove identifying details

Comment

Hi its from DCBL
      Attached Files

Comment

If you haven't received any other communications about this outstanding charge , how do you know to which car park or which possible incident it relates?
        DCBL's letter doesn't mention any thing.

I would write to DCBL telling them this is the first you have heard of any outstanding PCN.
        Tell them you do not know who the creditor is and have never received any parking charge notice.
        Accordingly you are unaware even of the identity of the car or the location of any alleged infringement
        Tell them they need to provide full information so you can understand their problem!

Do not identify the driver, only ever admit to being the registered keeper

Comment

The top of the letter states the date and the car park which is the one I used on that day so admittedly after receiving this I checked and the payment didn't go out on my card. The only proof I have is the call I made to the number in the car park to pay.

Comment

I didn't check prior as I had no reason to as I thought I had paid

Comment

So you can still write telling them this is the first you have heard of any outstanding PCN.
              Tell them you do not know who the creditor is and have never received any parking charge notice.
              If they could give you that info you will make enquiries, but until then they should cease collection activities

Do not identify the driver

Comment

Okay thank you I will do that and see what happens.

Comment

I have received a response to my email requesting further details. I have uploaded this.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So now you write to Total Car Parks Limited (Suite 255 Communications House, 9 St Johns Street, Colchester, CO2 7NN.)
                    Use the Subject Access Request in the SHORTCUTS panel on the right, and ask in particular for copies of the PCN as you have never received it.

Do not identify the driver.

You can also write to DCBL, thanking them for the information.
                    Tell them you are in contact with the parking company and they should now cease writing to you.
                    They will ignore your letter, but never mind as it gives them something to do!

Again do not identify the driver

Whereabouts on Station Road was the car parked?

Comment

Okay thank you.
                      so as you enter the main car park there is a bit of land that has been opened up at the side like an overflow this is where it was parked.
                      thanks

Comment

Main car park where on station road?
                        Is it the station car park?

Comment

Yes so the station has a car park then as you go through there's a bot of land to the top end of it.
                          no it's not the stations carpark

Comment

Why do you say it is not the station car park?
                            Does a different company manage the station car park?
                            From Google Earth it looks as if the whole lot used to be railway sidings etc.

Comment

Yes so the station is managed by Apcoa and then there's different signs up telling you you are entering a different parking area.

It did I think but this car park popped up about a year ago

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X