• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice for a MONSTROUS and devastating complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strawberry2 View Post
    The Enforcement Officers company are being unsurprisingly obstructive in providing DSAR Bodycam footage as I 'do not appear in it' according to tgem. My partner does as they acted on my behalf providing documents and facilitating conversations between me and the EO via telephone as I was not home. My voice will be on that footage as well as my vehicle registration number and discussion of my medical issues

I pushed back to say that my voice and personal info is recorded on the bodycam and possibly sighting of my paper documents handed over by my partner. They refute this so I have done an additional complaint to the EO compant regarding this in line with ICO guidelines ahead of complaining to the ICO.

My partner has put in their own DSAR now and we have both given permission for our information to be shared with the other. I have also notified them that they should back up the footage and ensure it is not deleted as it may be requested as evidence if I have to proceed to an ICO complaint.
    I have quoted another website below, so if they fail to provide the recording this would only ever discount their own defence anyway.

'If the bailiff refuses to give the recording.

Keep their response letter and give it in evidence.

When you bring proceedings, which the bodycam recording could prove your claim, you make an application on a court form N244 (without notice) to apply for an "unless order" under CPR 31.12

The order requires the bailiff company within 14 days make over the recording, alternatively, the respondent's defence statement is struck out under CPR 3.4(2)(c)

I am yet to hear from the OC or EO about the complaint I have made but it has not yet been one month.
    If you've given them enough time and they 'aren't playing ball', you could consider sending them 'chase' letters.

Comment

They're still playing silly beggars after their 2 stage complaints process so complaint has now been escalated to LGO and ICO. Their two separate responses to my complaint (initial response and then response after a Stage 2 Review) actually contradicted each other.

Response 1 agreed the bailiff tried to enter the house and tried to obstruct a complaint. Response 2 said the bailiff didnt try to enter the house and was helpful with how to make a complaint! Beggars belief.

Comment

They're still playing silly beggars after their 2 stage complaints process so complaint has now been escalated to LGO and ICO. Their two separate responses to my complaint (initial response and then response after a Stage 2 Review) actually contradicted each other.

Response 1 agreed the bailiff tried to enter the house and tried to obstruct a complaint. Response 2 said the bailiff didnt try to enter the house and was helpful with how to make a complaint! Beggars belief.
        No surprises, clearly making stuff up.

Update when the LGO and ICO respond.

Comment

Just an update that LGO are assessing to see if there is a case for them.

ICO 'will assign your complaint to a case officer as soon as we can, and they will contact you in due course.'

Will update when there is movement, whatever the outcome.

Comment

Just an update that LGO are assessing to see if there is a case for them.

ICO 'will assign your complaint to a case officer as soon as we can, and they will contact you in due course.'

Will update when there is movement, whatever the outcome.
            Yes, do update on progress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X