• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolve call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve call

Got letter today from Resolve call chasing a Santander current account debt from 14 yrs ago ,Do I contact them ?
    Tags: None

Hi FEV68

Welcome to LB

Resolve are just a DCA, they have 'zero' powers, don't contact them at this moment in time.

When was the last payment made?

Has the debt been admitted in the last 6 years?

It might be statute barred, although they can chase the debt, they can't make a claim through the Courts.

Comment

Hi
      Thinking about it the debt was from a old address over 14 yrs ago,Nothing has been paid I have had no letters before this I haven't acknowledged it at all ,Got a letter from Capquest 6 months ago ignored it now they have sent it to resolve call ,So should i just ignore it ?

Comment

The letter from Capquest did not say anything about Santander just said I owe over a grand .

Comment

You could send the following letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage. It should stop their contact, providing they've not got a CCJ for the debt.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/

Comment

Don't think they can get a ccj for a current account after 14 yrs can they

Comment

Originally posted by Fev68 View Post
              Don't think they can get a ccj for a current account after 14 yrs can they
              If they sent the CCJ documents to the old address (14 yrs ago) they might already have one, but they would have problems 'resurrecting' it after all the time that has passed.

Comment

So do I just ignore? I moved out 11 yrs ago and received no ccj whilst I was there .

Comment

So do I just ignore? I moved out 11 yrs ago and received no ccj whilst I was there .
                  You can ignore, but be prepared for them to make random contact as they have or send the template, that tells them they are wasting their time.

Comment

Hi
                    resolve call letter again today,I have done 2 searches on Trust online one in my address now one old address where they are chasing a debt over 14 yrs ago,Both come back clear nothing on my credit file ,Do I contact them by email or use a template from you to send them,I haven't a printer so can't print one out,Any advice to get rid appreciated

Comment

Hi
                      resolve call letter again today,I have done 2 searches on Trust online one in my address now one old address where they are chasing a debt over 14 yrs ago,Both come back clear nothing on my credit file ,Do I contact them by email or use a template from you to send them,I haven't a printer so can't print one out,Any advice to get rid appreciated
                      Amend the template in post 5, it can be emailed to Resolve Call. Once you've emailed it, remember to keep on top of it.

Comment

Keep on top of it ? I'm Agoraphobic and suffer with Severe social anxiety, What do you mean amend it ,Sorry but I have no idea how to deal with these things ,Thanks for your patience.

Comment

It won't download ,It's only downloaded the 1st bit

Comment

Ok so managed to cooy and paste it,What bits do I need to amend please ?

Comment

Can you tell me what bits need amending please .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X