• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt agency

Debt agency

Today, 07:10:AM
    Any advice please?
    on Monday I received 5 notifications through the post for fines from a debt agency for a car that I no longer owed. I called the agency and spoke with an advisor and explained that I sold the car 2 years ago to a scrap dealer. The adviser said that he would put a hold on the debt recovery and look into this situation for me.
    a few days later (Friday) I received another 4 notifications (now 9 in total) so I called the agency again and when I spoke to someone new they told me that there was no investigation and that I had a week to pay. I explained again that I didn’t own the car and sold it to a scrap dealer 2 years ago.
    the agency told me that I have to provide them with the sorn notice from the dvla (as I told them the car was sorn before selling to the scrap company) they also have asked me to provide them with my cancellation of insurance. (Unfortunately I don’t have the bill of sale as this was over 2 years ago)
    I have since spoken to my insurance company and they have told me that they have sent me an email outlining my policy and that the car was not insured (as it has been moved over to my new car)
    I have since phoned the Dvla and they told me that the car is still in my name and they advised me to send the a letter in the post telling them when the car was sold to the scrap dealer. ( I did send the part log book at the time of sale to the dvla but the didn’t receive?) Dvla told me that it can take up to 4 weeks for them to reply….
    I am now expecting a visit from the debt recovery agency and would like to know where I stand?
    thanks for reading.
    Tags: None

What do you know about the alleged debts?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I’ve just spoken with the debt agency and they have told me that they cannot put a hold on the claim until I provide them with the information they requested.

Comment

Hi.
        I know nothing about these debt’s I have received 5 letters on Monday and 4 on Friday (yesterday)
        this agency are not interested in waiting for any correspondence. The recovery is live from 30/06/2022

Comment

Also the car was registered at a different address at the time. I moved home some 18 months ago and no mail has ever been forwarded to me from my previous address.

Comment

I don’t know how this company found my new address as I didn’t leave a forwarding address

Comment

But...
              Originally posted by atticus View Post
              What do you know about the alleged debts?
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Can you explain please?
                also my insurance company cannot provide me with an email about the insurance on the bmw due to the system not letting them. My policy changed to a new car. I have been told that the policy changed on the 24 June 2020. The alleged offence’s are November 2021

Comment

I’ve just got off the phone again with the debt agency and the have put the claim on hold for 28 days.
                  the debt agency have told me that they will not contact my insurance company for them to confirm that the insurance on the bmw was changed on 24 June 2020.
                  they will only accept a letter or email from my insurance company.
                  Im banging my head off the wall here

Comment

The notes on the insurance company’s system cannot be forwarded to me as the system will not let them. They are also unable to send a screenshot for some reason?
                    tgey can only speak to the debt agency. The debt agency said that they need something in writing to forward to transport for London
                    I cannot believe that this situation has never happened before and there is nothing in any one’s system to deal with this problem.
                    what times we are living in

Comment

someone claims you owe money. Do you know what for?

Comment

Am I missing something here? You obviously haven’t read my post

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW View Post
                          The notes on the insurance company’s system cannot be forwarded to me as the system will not let them. They are also unable to send a screenshot for some reason?
                          tgey can only speak to the debt agency. The debt agency said that they need something in writing to forward to transport for London
                          I cannot believe that this situation has never happened before and there is nothing in any one’s system to deal with this problem.
                          what times we are living in
                          Sounds like your number plate was "cloned" T.F.L are a pain to deal with as well. Step daughter had plate cloned, pic from dartford crossing was a 7.5 ton lorry and her car is a vauxhall insignia! lots of emails to dvla etc finally sorted after 5 months.
                          So i would email dvla with all info you have, and maybe local plod to get crime number as plate cloned?

Comment

Thanks m8 for your reply. I’ll contact the police and let them know that it’s a possibility….
                            I’ve connected Dvla also. But this isn’t going to stop the bailiff coming

Comment

You can send your insurance company a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold under you client number / name. Make sure you get Proof of Postage. You can email providing you can get the email address for their Data Protection Team.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

As long as the Debt Collection Agency put's the account on hold, no bailiffs will be calling. I'd actually write to the Debt Collection Agency to say you need the account to be put on hold for 45 days.

You could send the follow, again get Proof they have received it.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...-not-owe-debt/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X