• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica letter for me to my mothers house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me you have this all the wrong way round whether you are guilty of the offence or not. If you just want it to disappear then just pay Collectica as the only fees they have charged at present is the £75 Compliance Fee and seeing as this was not served to you correctly then even that is debatable.

The whole idea of contacting the Court is because you were unaware of the original fine. Even if guilty then you have a right to pay a correct amount based on your circumstances and this is usually up to a third off the original fine imposed.

Comment

Well i finally got a account number for a court fine I need to pay which came to the amount of 350 pounds. That was for a DVLA tax fine for my car in 2018,* i said I was more than happy to pay it as I was guilty of the offence even if it had gone to a previous address. Which the telephone operator said I cant pay him I can only pay collectica and gave me there phone number.....which I already have mind. So collectica are ADDING 310 pounds onto the bill. Can I challenge this in anyway? I'm more than happy to pay the court as it was my fault I just cant believe the fees collectica have put on*

Comment

If you pay the Court direct they are obliged to give any payment over to Collectica who take their fees first and hand any balance back to HMCTS meaning part of the fine is still owing and enforcement continues. In your case Collectica have not sent you a Notice of Enforcement (Compliance Fee £75) and have now charged the Enforcement Fee £236 alleging a visit has been made. If they don't know where you live then how can they do either.

You say the fine is for £350 and if you did as I suggested by contacting the Court because you knew nothing of any of this then it could be heard again. You could then plead guilty and the fine would be set at a different level - usually much lower. You then pay it and all is over because Collectica have been taken out of the loop.

Comment

Thank you for your reply ploddertom. So if I have this right then, I ring the court and get through to say the fines officer. Tell him I knew nothing about the fine* and asked for it to be heard again, get a*Statutory Declaration signed and sent to the court. Plead guilty and pay the fine.*

Comment

That's the essence of it, although don't expect it to be a smooth ride. Best contact may be the Court Manager.

Comment

I rang the court manager and they have given me a new number to ring 3030656 and a unique reference number for my case to proceed with a statutory Declaration which I still need to make, I've a few questions in relation to this, if this goes back to court and the address that they had on file for the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle forgot to change the address of the car also when I moved last year, would I be fined for that offence as well? Will I be required to travel down to the court to the hearing also? Or will they just send me a new letter saying I am guilty of the offence and just pay it straight away. Many thanks Russell**

Comment

Number was actually 03003030565

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X