• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica letter for me to my mothers house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica letter for me to my mothers house

Good evening, sorry to bother you nice people but I was struggling to try and find a previous post which relates to my collectica predicament.My mother has a private and confidential letter sent to her house with my name on it, which is odd as I've not lived there for a year and was only lodging while doing my current house up, anyway this letter was a collectica (warrant of control) letter for 660 pounds! Now its addressed to me but her address, apparently I've 14 days to pay or a inforcement officer will visit, I dont want that and I'm willing to pay for what ever I've done wrong. The letter says the client as HMCTS west mercia (warrant), Is there any way to get a break down of the fees of who or how its come to this vast amount? I'd rather deal with the client direct as I just cant see how I've amassed such a massive bill!* If I hadn't dropped in to drop some xmas cards off I'd of been non the wiser!. What is my best course of action now? I believe ringing debt companies direct makes things worse??? Many thanks Russell
    Tags: None

Sometimes it is a necessity to just contact the company the debt is owed to. What was the original debt for and how much ?*
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This will be for an unpaid Magistrates Court Fine. You need to contact the Court to find out what it all about and ask to make a Statutory Declaration if it is something you know nothing about. You have 21 days to do this since becoming aware so the clock is already ticking. When contacting the Court ask they put enforcement on hold while this is sorted out. If it is for a motoring offence then please be aware your licence may have been suspended which also means your insurance will be invalid.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response in this matter, so as regards to contacting the magistrates court or client I be best inquiring with the HMTCS west mercia then? Many thanks*

Comment

West Mercia covers quite a few Courts but think Worcester Magistrates Court may be a good starting point if only because it appears to be on e of the largest within the area - 01562 514000, ask for the Court Manager or Fines Officer and don't be put off by the "you have to deal with the Bailiff". You need to enforce your view you knew nothing of this until the letter arrived.

Comment

I gave Worcester magistrates court a ring, it was automated so I went through the motions.....is the enquiry relating to a warrant of control please ring collectica on 0845 0743749. Guess they dont want to tell me either! So I best ring collectica*

Comment

I dont understand why I should have to go through collectica and pay any sort of administrative fees as my debt must be with HMCTS west mercia? Surely they would be happy to get the money owed to them what ever way possible?*

Comment

Collectica/Marstons will only be interested in one thing - how do you intend to pay and they will want it all at once. They have nothing to do with the Court process. One thing to be wary of is that the Warrant the Bailiff has contains the power to force entry if they think you are wilfully avoiding them. This is why you must persevere with the Court - what other options did the automated service offer?

Comment

I've spoken to collectica and they said its keeping a motor vehicle which does not meeting insurance needs from the 10/9/18 at my mothers address. Even though I was living at my new address at this time.* I said I will go and make a statuary declaration so I can sort out this out with the client but apparently it's gone out of compliance what ever that means???? She strongly recommends I set up a payment plan asap*

Comment

Of course they strongly recommend you make a payment plan. It is obviously past the Compliance Stage and the threat of an Enforcement Visit will be imminent, Have to go out but will be back later.

Comment

Ploddertom thank you for your advice, as regards to the other options on the magistrates court phone call I had. 1.)press for court hearings today 2.) Pay a fine/enforcement notices and compensation 3.) Magistrate court administration 4.)facility's at the court.* * * *Should I of tried magistrate court administration? Even though I dont know what the fine was for?* * * *Option.2 when you press it list about paying court fines and the magistrates area code I think it was before they say "for Warrant of control please ring collectica"*

Comment

I think I would try option 3. As an alternative are you able to visit in person?

Comment

I will try option 3 in the morning when it's open, I take it in the mean time doing a*Statutory Declaration is the best thing? How long will this keep the debt colle tors at bay from my mums door? and should I be asking collectica to provide me with a "prove the debt" letter as I'm still non the wiser on what it could be!*

Comment

Originally posted by Russmod View Post
                            I will try option 3 in the morning when it's open, I take it in the mean time doing aStatutory Declaration is the best thing? - Yes it is but you need to know where to send it or which Court to go to tp do it? - How long will this keep the debt colle tors at bay from my mums door? - It has to be accepted to have any effect. - and should I be asking collectica to provide me with a "prove the debt" letter as I'm still non the wiser on what it could be!
                            With a Magistrate Court Fine there is no "prove it", harsh I know but you were found guilty - rightly or wrongly - and they have been provided with a Warrant from the Court to seek payment. If they do call then best advice is for your mum NOT to ask them in, NOT to make a payment to them and she is under no obligation to give them your present address.

Comment

Thanks yet again ploddertom, so plan of attack for me is find the court that requires payment in the west mercia area, pay the fine for what ever it is and collectica should stop sending my mum letters. Thanks once again**

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X