• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Barking and Dagenham council and JBW baliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Barking and Dagenham council and JBW baliffs

I had my car clamped today which is on PCP finance by JBW baliffs with regard to a ticket received in January 2019. The only problem is I appealed the original ticket which was for a bus lane contravention and I did not hear anything back from the council. I also emailed the council despite not hearing back from them and did not recieve any response.

I assumed the matter was closed until today. When JBW clamped my car they informed me that barking and dagenham had been sending all correspondence regarding my ticket to number 63 whereas I live at 69 hence none of the original correspondence had been received myself. I had to pay the £513 to release the clamp as I needed the car for work I was just wondering if i can claim the money back as the scenario was not my fault.

Thanks for any help.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Hazedunks View Post
    I had my car clamped today which is on PCP finance by JBW baliffs with regard to a ticket received in January 2019. The only problem is I appealed the original ticket which was for a bus lane contravention and I did not hear anything back from the council. I also emailed the council despite not hearing back from them and did not recieve any response.

I assumed the matter was closed until today. When JBW clamped my car they informed me that barking and dagenham had been sending all correspondence regarding my ticket to number 63 whereas I live at 69 hence none of the original correspondence had been received myself. I had to pay the £513 to release the clamp as I needed the car for work I was just wondering if i can claim the money back as the scenario was not my fault.

Thanks for any help.
    Okay, so you need to check with the county court to see if you have a CCJ against you, which you should have given bailiffs have visited you.,

The payment should be held by the bailiffs for 14 days, which means you have 14 days to make an application to set the judgement aside pursuant to CPR 13.2 & 13.3 in that you had no opportunity to defend the claim due deficient service of the claim form.

Once you have established the CCJ you should seek the consent of the claimant (the council) giving them seven days to agree or refuse, but if they refuse or ignore you then you will have to make an application without consent.

While seeking the consent it might be a good idea to establish whether you have a real prospect of defeating the claim by reviewing everything you sent to the council with ostell who is much more versed in tickets than I.

I can help procedural, but it's not my area with regards to the substance of any defence.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Sorry, COuncil tickets are outside my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

Okay, so you need to check with the county court to see if you have a CCJ against you, which you should have given bailiffs have visited you.,
        This is bus lane ticket, there's no court involved and there won't be a CCJ.

Hazeldunks:

You should register on Pepipoo:
        http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=idx

They are the experts on council pcn's

Comment

Certainly ask Pepipoo for assistance.

In cases like this i believe you have to appeal to the county court.

Also shouldn't JBW have written, and ensured they had written to correct address, before making a visit?
          A complaint to them might not be amiss, altho' probably not achieve anything!

Comment

Firstly you need to establish what address was on the V5 at the time & date of the offence.

Comment

yes you can get your money back if you can prove it i.e record of postage and/or phone calls. You have to appeal to court (doesn’t cost) and your case will normally be delt with in 6-8 weeks approx. The PCN stays and it will bring you back to appeal stage to council. Possibly £130 full charge of PCN unless ofcourse if your appeal is successful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X