• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Required for Court Bailiff Action

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help Required for Court Bailiff Action

    Hi. I have received a letter from coventry combined court with regards to a historical debt orginally with the Lending stream then sold apparently to ACI. This goes back nearly 4yrs and apart from the fact this was a difficult time with redundancy and illness I had to contend with the legal extortion that is payday loans. I did explain my situation at the time and heard little from TLS.
    I cannot find any documentation to any debt being sold to ACI who I assume are a DCA then moved forward to a CCJ and now court / baliff actions for just over £2k from a loan that was £1200.
    My question would be how best to approach the court - can I negotiate with them directly or do I need to go back to the ACI sharks whose lack of any response previously doesnt fill me with confidence.
    My thoughts are that the original payday loan was unlawful with the terms in the first place but more important is my immediate response to the court and a positive way forward.
    I appreciate any guidance in this matter.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    You will have a CCJ awarded against you and this will be the start of Enforcement action. This can be halted by application on Form N245 to Suspend Bailiff action and if you wish to formulate a payment plan to the Creditor.


    • #3
      I hear on radio that there are claim companies seeking people who were charged bad interest on Pay Day Loans, I can't remember the company but they advertise on LBC.

      Also saw this



      • #4
        Read this - https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/- there is no need to use a claims company at all. However your priority now is to sort out the CCJ and enforcement. You can do the complaint about the payday loan separately now, or after you;'ve sorted out the courts, and hopefully obtain a refund which you can use to offset the payment made to the bailiff company/judgment holder.

        That is assuming you received the court papers and simply didn't respond, or made an admission and offer to pay ?

        If the bailiff is the first you have known of the CCJ you could look at applying to set aside, but as it sounds like you did know about it at the time, your only option really is to complete the N245 to suspend the warrant and make an offer to pay by installment ( as plodderotm says) - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...on-of-an-order
        “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

        Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

        If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

        Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


        No announcement yet.

        Court Claim ?

        Guides and Letters

        upgrade to vip

        Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

        only £15/yr

        Offers available. No subscription traps.

        sign up now

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm