• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mini credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini credit

I stupidly took out a loan with Mini credit in 2011 of £150.00 although I only received £130.00 as £20 was a transfer fee. Moving on to current day that debt has now escalated too £955.50 to which I have paid £350.0. The balance owed is an unfair and unreasonable amount of debt to be applied to what I originally borrowed. So my question is where do I stand legally regarding the balance
    Tags: None

Do you know when you last made a payment or when the debt defaulted ?

Who currently owns the debt ?

You could make a formal complaint with a view to having the remaining debt written off - see Debt Camel's site for info on affordability complaints https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My last payment was of £5.00 to Opossum I informed them then that would be my last payment. I have spoken to a couple of them at Opos which to be fair I never got anywhere.

Comment

My last payment was of £5.00 to Opos. Their sister company Kapama was who it was sold too

Comment

Any idea when that payment to Opos was ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

December

Comment

Ok, so pretty recent then - it's just been sold to Kapama as you told Opos you've stopped making the £5 payments.

So first step is to get the info to find out how it got to such a high amount - you want to write to Kapama asking for a full breakdown of the debt from inception, and requesting a copy of the original agreement and terms under the consumer credit act 1974 ( enclosing a £1 postal order ).

Send a Subject Access Request to Mini Credit.

Then once you have all the info you can make a formal complaint to Kapama /minicredit, with a view to taking it to the financial ombudsman, about the excessive charges and ask for the remaining debt to be written off.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

They have told me why it got to be so high because mini credit decided to charge me £15 every time they tried to debit my debit card of these funds. In total it came up approx 45 times they did this and that is why my debt increased significantly. I have paid £350 in total. But I will do as u suggested but how can I request such information from mini credit if they are no longer in business.? Should i just make a formal complaint to Opos amd
                request they write off this debt or should I just go the ombusman

Comment

Good gracious.

Yes indeed complain to Opos in the first instance - you will have to make a formal complaint and either wait 8 weeks or get a final resolution letter from them before you can take the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. If Kapama continue chasing you tell them you have made a formal complaint to Opos.

You will find this helpful - https://www.ombudsman-decisions.org....?FileID=188106 - the FOS agreed that all the 'attempt' charges should be removed from the debt ( £550 of them in that case ).

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X