• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

I have a court case against my Ltd company (which has ceased trading). Please could someone advise if i still need to attend court, or how to go about it.
    thank you.
    Tags: None

Do you want to contest it - is there any point? Does the claimant know that your company has ceased trading?

If you want to contest the claim, you will need to acknowledge service and file your company's defence to the claim.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Am I right in thinking that there is little point in contesting it as the company has ceased trading . There is no money within the company, part of the reason for closing it was due to lack of finance

Comment

That is my point.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The claimant objected to the company being struck off due to the pending court case.
          I really do not know what to do for the best

Comment

put the company in liquidation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X