• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anglian windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian windows

Hi Everyone, new member as of today, Can anyone help me and give me advice,

My partner and I are looking to re mortgage are house in the next few weeks appointment booked for late Oct term end in Dec, we are hoping to release money in the property as we have made a few pounds and then do some home improvements, the biggest job is to replace a rotten lean to on the house with a new conservatory. So we had Anglian out head sales mean for the region turned up told him what we want etc, he came up with design, week later came back with the price... "with the discounts etc etc price comes out at £25,000, this discount price deal ends today £1000 secures the price" never done this kind of thing before we agreed, We never saw any printed paper work as only thing we received was a blue copy paper he was filling out at the time. I guess so he could hang around to make small talk, a week later Surveyor comes out, only then do we realise that we had just 7 days calling of period (small print we mistakenly did not read) we are now stuck in a contract that we have no induction on breakdown on price etc and from the only piece of paper work we have it tells us we are liable for 30% of cost if we want to cancel.

On a side note this work we told him was on the basis we could get the money from the bank, which the sales man has stressed if we don't get it we get our £1000 back as we have asked him to repeat a number of times now.

I Have asked the Sales man for a breakdown of costs as I wanted to know where my money was going, that was a week ago and not received anything. I want out of this mess and just focus on the mortgage for now. Can anyone help me get out of this contract. Thanks Chris
    Tags: None

Re: Anglian windows

How long ago did you sign the contract? The Consumer Rights Act gives 14 days. Did you try and cancel after the 7 days you thought you had (but before the 14 days) ?

See http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/10/made ( yours will be classed as off-premises )
    [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We signed just over 2 weeks ago now, the small print says cooling of period is 7 days and once a surveyor has come out you are liable for 30% of the cost if you want to cancel, we feel pressured into something that we told the salesman we didn't have funds at the time and the fact they have sent out the surveyor means we could be liable for £7500 if we cancelled despite the Sales man saying if the bank did not approve the borrowing we get the £1000 back and contract is cancelled. I'm kicking myself for falling for the "this deal ends today" as companies like Anglian always have offers on. Also The website says quotes are held for 6 months but because we got offered a "discount" price and not being told the real price that rule does not apply. Surely the price we are asked to pay is the quote and should of been held for 6 months without us having to pay £1000, oh and to add insult the Salesman turned up a week later and said he had made a mistake and he needed another £1500 of us as its practice to get 10% deposit of us despite the fact he is the area manager and he told us £1000 would seal it and he confirmed with his manager on the phone at the time of us paying the £1000. I was on my own and felt sick and angry that he had the nerve to just turn up like that.

Comment

Disgusting behaviour.

Have you a copy of the contract you could post pls ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm afraid this is what Anglian are like.

I very much doubt they can force you to pay 30% of cost, as if you break a contract all the other party can recoup is their costs (and possibly loss of profit).
          To include a blanket amount such as 30% as the price for cancelling is probably an unfair penalty and they would need to prove it.
          See schedule 2 of Amethyst's link

In theory the deposit can only be retained if it is a genuine pre estimate of loss and would cover costs such as paperwork admin etc. Recovering all or even part of it will be difficult however

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Disgusting behaviour.

Have you a copy of the contract you could post pls ?
            I will get it on here somehow for you to see tomorrow, not sure if me taking a photo of it will work, I will try but thanks for your advice to far.

Comment

That's what I thought, really kicking myself as I've fallen for things like this before and won in getting money back contracts cancelled etc, Why I fell for the crap about the deal ending that day. It more bothers me the fact I have asked for a breakdown of costs and still not received it, the sales man had the copy with him but apparently it is not standard procedure for the customer to see, what the so called original price was and also to dee how much the Windows, door, brickwork, surveying etc costs. £25,000 is alot of money and I feel I should know what I'm spending it on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X