• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sherforce/CCI Legal Not sure how much I owe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherforce/CCI Legal Not sure how much I owe.

Hello,

I have 2 CCJ,S.

1. Default date 04/10/2011 for £664. I have never aknowledged or paid anything off this debt.Will it come off my file next month forever?When I look on my ccj,s it says judgement date 04/09/2014.Does that mean the debt is from then or the default date.

2. CCJ for £1497 .Previous employer NHS chased me for an overpayment after I resigned.I was not well at the time and I buried my head and Shefrforce came to the house and I have been paying £30 PM ever since.
    I had a letter oct 2014 saying debt was now with Cci legal.I have carried on paying £30 pm.

I am a lot better now and have started my own business very recently and really want to tackle money matters.
    I really have no idea how much I still owe on the NHS debt.
    I want to find out but I am very scared of triggering renewed interest in the first CCJ which I am hoping will drop off my file next month.

If I email Cci will they tell me how much I owe and also what is the best way of contacting them.
    I have experienced quite a lot of anxiety and nightmares after the Bailiff turned up at the door from Sherforce but I really want to clean my file up.
    Just want to know the best way to approach Cci which looks like its changed to CCI credit management.
    I pay by standing order from my bank.
    I have never had any letter from CCI ,never had a statement and really am looking for guidance on the best way to communicate with them,

Thank you to anyone who can help.
    Tags: None

Re: Sherforce/CCI Legal Not sure how much I owe.

1: the CCJ will stay on your credit file, and the register until 4/9/2020 ( six years from judgment ) The debt bit will come off the credit file 4/10/17 yes - but of course the CCJ is more important, and that will stay ( even if you pay it off though it could be marked as satisfied)

2: CCJ as well - not sure when you got that and started your £30pm but seems you have been paying at least 3 years which is £1080 - so shouldn't be too much left, although you may have had additional amounts added from the enforcement. Again that won't leave your file until 6 years after the judgment.

Of course that might well affect what you want to do as you have another three years to go before the CCJ falls off the file.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      Ok thank you.
      That is pretty bad news for me.
      Can I dispute a CCJ after it has been granted?

Also what is the best way to communicate with CCI debt management?Should emailing be ok?

Thank you.

Comment

Who have you been paying the £30pm to? If Sherforce then unfortunately they will have kept most of it for fees etc and you may only have been paying as little as £10 off the actual debt.

Comment

I think letters would be best - is it this company -> http://www.ccicm.com/
          That's for the NHS overpayment judgment - what year did you actually get that CCJ ? Have you calculated how much you have paid to date ? It might be a suprise how much is left - but getting a statement is a good step forward in getting it out your hair ( though still on the credit file )

The other one - do you know what it is for at all ? did you get the court papers and just hide from it at the time or did you just find it on your file one day ? Who is the judgment holder ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Thanks again for replying.
            The year for the CCJ with NHS is dated 15 September 2012.
            Any advice how to word the letter?
            I have tried to log into the ccim page but its not recognising my ref number.

The other CCJ was with THREE.
            I really cannot remember any papers for the telecomms debt but that does not mean I did not receive any.
            I never actually used the phone and it was not the phone they promised.The arguments went on for ever and I just hid from it in the end.However it is not for an unpaid bill,I never used the phone.

I could be wrong on this but I thought I saw once they had registered the debt twice.I cant remember if I saw it on Experian or Equifax,I have checked noddle and clearscore and very limited information so think I should get my statutory report again.I noticed Experian are doing free forever credit reports,are they as good as paying the £2.00 fee?

Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X