• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit gets Mayhewed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Credit gets Mayhewed

Nearly three years ago 1st Credit purchased my alleged M&S Money credit card account, with an alleged balance of Ł10k+.

Since then it's been a journey of CCA requests, some threats and plenty of Mayhew-themed templates, with a Mayhew reference ranging from Soft Mayhew to Hard Mayhew. I only reached Medium Mayhew template when, as a result, I received the following letter yesterday:

"Dear Mr $quandaŁot

We are writing to advise you that your above account purchased by 1st Credit (Finance) Limited has now been reassigned back to Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc.

Given that Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc is once again the legal owner of the account, you will not receive any further communication from !st Credit Limited.

Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc is now the data controller for the purposed of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will endure that the relevant Credit Reference Agencies are informed of this change of ownership within a maximum of 32 days. Once the relevant Credit Reference Agencies have been notified they will become responsible for updating your Credit file which can take up to a further two weeks.

If you have nominated a third party to manage your financial affairs you should give a copy of this letter to that third party and ensure that Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc are aware of such an arrangement.

Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc may already be in direct contact with you and you may be aware of this transfer. As such this letter is for your records only and requires no further action by you.

If you would like to speak to a member of our team please contact us on 01737 235201 quoting reference xxxxxxx.

Yours sincerely

Gavin Flynn
    Collections Director!

Wow! Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening? I thought that 1st Credit would just sell the alleged account on to someone like Leeds Losers once they realised that they haven't got a hope in hell.

Any thoughts?
    Tags: None

Re: 1st Credit gets Mayhewed

lol @ ''Mayhew themed'' "Soft Mayhew" "Hard Mayhew" for anyone who doesn't know - this is 'Mayhew' -> http://legalbeagles.info/santander-c...ew-misc-14-cc/ and this is your older thread on the issue -> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...card-what-next ( is there an inbetweeny thread ?)
    Interesting they have passed it back to M&S .... are you continuing with a complaint against M&S or hanging fire see if they keep trying to chase ?

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      lol @ ''Mayhew themed'' "Soft Mayhew" "Hard Mayhew" for anyone who doesn't know - this is 'Mayhew' -> http://legalbeagles.info/santander-c...ew-misc-14-cc/ and this is your older thread on the issue -> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...card-what-next ( is there an inbetweeny thread ?)
      Interesting they have passed it back to M&S .... are you continuing with a complaint against M&S or hanging fire see if they keep trying to chase ?

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]; [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION]
      It will be statute barred in 12 months so I'm just sitting and waiting for now. It will be interesting to see what M&S (HSBC) does next!

Comment

Good to see my name and my case were helpful to you

The way Paragraph 4 of that letter is written suggests that they may have reassigned other M&S store-turned-credit cards accounts not just yours.

I'd be surprised if M&S have the audacity to write to you again. And I think I can guess what your reply will be if they do!

Di (aka Diana Mayhew)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X