• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Howard Cohen Pending Legal Action Lloyds Bank overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *** UPDATE * UPDATE Howard Cohen Pending Legal Action Lloyds Bank overdraft

*****UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE******

After making a CPR request, Hoist Portfolio over ran over the deadline, when I phoned them to chase they advised the claim was on hold until they had required information.

Then a week or 2 later I received a Notice of Discontinuance. Attached.

Is that the end of it?

N.B The SAR pack is now available for collection from my branch, which I expect to show backup for the claim being statute barred.

Thanks for all help and advice.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by somewhereovertherainbow View Post
      *****UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE******

After making a CPR request, Hoist Portfolio over ran over the deadline, when I phoned them to chase they advised the claim was on hold until they had required information.

Is that the end of it?

N.B The SAR pack is now available for collection from my branch, which I expect to show backup for the claim being statute barred.

Thanks for all help and advice.
      That's great!! Well Done!

Please let us know what you find from the SAR.

nem

Comment

WHOOOOHOOOOOOO ! Yes that's it, all done with Congratulations xxx

The SAR will still be useful though - and keep hold of all of your paperwork just in case they, or the next DCA , decide to try again. I'm not sure if you had put in a defence on the claim as yet ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Only ticked my intention to defend but didn't actually lodge a defence.

I'll update once I see the SAR stuff.

You guys and gals are the BEST !!!

Comment

Is that the end of it?.
            I would love to say that's the end of it but I'm a cynic.

Howard Cohen's letter tells you that the door is open for their client to reissue if they want. If you didn't file a Defence they can do that without any need for permission from the court.

Also this was a joint overdraft but they issued against one of you only. If the penny dropped that they may have issued against the wrong one (for legal reasons such as not the "account opener") then they could decide to issue a claim against the other 'right' one when they realise their error.

The main issue you chose to pursue was the potential for the debt to be Statute Barred. You have said that it was defaulted on 31st December 2010.

It seems from that letter they Discontinued on 14th December 2016 so that means the SB clock was reset and the debt may have become SB a fortnight later

I don't know why Lloyds has taken so long to send your SAR response, but I would go and collect it so you can double check all the dates and any payments made by either of you for peace of mind reasons.

I'm glad I managed to talk you out of paying them when you were all for throwing in the towel at the beginning of your thread where you were intent on requesting an I & E form to set up a repayment plan.

Di

Comment

I'll update once I see the SAR stuff.

You guys and gals are the BEST !!!
              Okay. This claim is over, but as you didn't file your defence they may come back for another shot and won't have to jump through too many hoops, as Di says. If the SAR shows the debt is SB you will be able to bat any new claim away quite easily though xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Why didn't you file a Defence to protect your legal position both in the present and in the future?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X