• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    If you send it now, it might provoke them into issuing a court claim in the hope that you will capitulate & pay up.
    Alternatively they could just put it on the 'pending' file & take their own sweet time in 'accessing' compliant documentation.
    If they do file a court claim & you then hit them with the CCA request, they are then up against the 12 day sanction imposed by the CCA 1974 for non-compliance, and the court's own timetable.
    I will just wait until they file a claim which I think they will do since I haven't sent in the I&E form which they requested. (I am in two minds to either send it now or later, the reason being is that I don't think I stand a chance in court because the debt is fairly recent)
    Last edited by LaTristesseDurera; 22nd October 2016, 18:18:PM.

Comment

The choice is yours; we can only offer informed opinion, & sometimes we posters do hold conflicting views.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The choice is yours; we can only offer informed opinion, & sometimes we posters do hold conflicting views.
        It's a difficult decision, the debt is mine and a part of me is thinking just fill in an I&E and offer them a certain amount, I don't think I have a leg to stand on if it went to court. Again, I am sorry for all the questions, it's just that I can't get my head around all this information as I have never done anything like this before. If they take me to court, what exactly could my defence be?

Comment

That's what you need to find out if you are going to fight it.
          The SAR will probably shed light on whether there is a viable defence.
          Also, historic bank details.
          Evidence is king.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

That's what you need to find out if you are going to fight it.
            The SAR will probably shed light on whether there is a viable defence.
            Also, historic bank details.
            Evidence is king.
            Hopefully the SAR will come through soon but 40 days is a long time! I am no longer with the bank I was with, it would be difficult to get statements I think.

Comment

You've previously stated that the agreement is from 2011.
              Banks keep records for a minimum of 6 years from when the bank account ended.
              No problem, then.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X