• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Solicitors

Originally posted by LaTristesseDurera View Post
    If they don't acknowledge it, I guess a CCA has to be sent?
    If the debt is not close to SB does it reallŷ matter if you (your wife) has acknowledged it? If a claim had been issued then that would be a totally different kettle of legal fish (Admission of the claim).

I've not read back through your thread but sending a CCA Request may slow down or even halt a claim being issued for the time being.

A letter to the head of Restons Solicitors may encourage one (claim). You could be singling yourself out for attention if you rub him up the wrong way.

That's my personal view.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      If the debt is not close to SB does it reallŷ matter if you (your wife) has acknowledged it? If a claim had been issued then that would be a totally different kettle of legal fish (Admission of the claim).

I've not read back through your thread but sending a CCA Request may slow down or even halt a claim being issued for the time being.

A letter to the head of Restons Solicitors may encourage one (claim). You could be singling yourself out for attention if you rub him up the wrong way.

That's my personal view.

Di
      No claim issued yet, so I avoid the letter to him then? I am considering a CCA but I am not sure if I need to wait for a reply from Restons or just go for it now (is there a CCA template?) my girlfriend 'offered' £5 per month which they wont accept. (I think)

Comment

my other half decided to fill in the income and expenditure form online without ever asking me
        Linitation Act 1980

S29(5)

(5)
        Subject to subsection (6) below, where any right of action has accrued to recover—

(a)
        any debt or other liquidated pecuniary claim; or

(b)
        any claim to the personal estate of a deceased person or to any share or interest in any such estate;

and the person liable or accountable for the claim acknowledges the claim or makes any payment in respect of it the right shall be treated as having accrued on and not before the date of the acknowledgment or payment.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Linitation Act 1980

S29(5)

(5)
          Subject to subsection (6) below, where any right of action has accrued to recover—

(a)
          any debt or other liquidated pecuniary claim; or

(b)
          any claim to the personal estate of a deceased person or to any share or interest in any such estate;

and the person liable or accountable for the claim acknowledges the claim or makes any payment in respect of it the right shall be treated as having accrued on and not before the date of the acknowledgment or payment.

So basically she has messed everything up?

Comment

So basically she has messed everything up?
            See post #29.

The payment and submission of I & W statement was not made by you personally and was not authorised by you formally withdraw both.

nem

Comment

How can that be proved though? Also, do I CCA if they make a claim or now as I am not 100% sure what to do.

Sorry for the all the questions, it's just hard trying to get my head around it all.

Comment

How can that be proved though? Also, do I CCA if they make a claim or now as I am not 100% sure what to do.

Sorry for the all the questions, it's just hard trying to get my head around it all.
                By withdrawing it because you personally did not authorise it, as [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] has stated.

Dungate -v- Dungate [1965] 1 WLR 1477
                Diplock LJ
                Held: An acknowledgment will be sufficient if the amount for which the debtor accepts legal liability can be ascertained by extrinsic evidence.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So I need to write a letter to them? (they said they need an I&E form by the 25th October, so if I write to them and withdraw my acknowledgement of the one my girlfriend sent, what do I need to do in replacement to that as I think they would likely make a claim if they don't have one by that date)

Comment

So I need to write a letter to them?
                    Up to you. It might be wise to actually write, even if the law appears to absolve you from liability re acknowledgement.
                    (they said they need an I&E form by the 25th October, so if I write to them and withdraw my acknowledgement of the one my girlfriend sent, what do I need to do in replacement to that
                    Nothing really - certainly not anything that acknowledges liability of the alleged debt.
                    as I think they would likely make a claim if they don't have one by that date)
                    They either will or they won't; time will tell.
                    ####
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

####
                      Is this letter ok?

Restons Solicitors
                      Trinity Chambers
                      800 Mandarin Court
                      Centre Park
                      WA1 1GG

Reference # ******

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 21st October my girlfriend submitted an income and expenditure form without my authorisation, so I would like to withdraw acknowledgement of the debt so please disregard the income and expenditure form.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours truly,

Comment

Is this letter ok?

Restons Solicitors
                        Trinity Chambers
                        800 Mandarin Court
                        Centre Park
                        WA1 1GG

Reference # ******

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 21st October my girlfriend mistakenly submitted an income and expenditure form without my authorisation, so I would like to withdraw acknowledgement of the debt so please disregard the income and expenditure form.
                        I'd just put 'Please disregard it'.

I look forward to hearing from you,
                        Imho, no need to add this.

Yours truly,
                        Yours sincerely?
                        & get proof of posting if using land mail.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

& get proof of posting if using land mail.
                          Posted with proof of postage.

What is my next move?
                          Last edited by LaTristesseDurera; 22nd October 2016, 16:44:PM.

Comment

Well, you could familiarise yourself with the CCA request.
                            http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement
                            A Littlewoods account will probably be a regulated account, so CCA s78 would be applicable.

Btw, you other half did send the I&E etc to Restons, yes?
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I will look at the CCA request and yes, she did it on their website. When would the CCA need to be sent and would it need to be sent to Littlewoods or Capquest?
                              Last edited by LaTristesseDurera; 22nd October 2016, 17:41:PM.

Comment

If you send it now, it might provoke them into issuing a court claim in the hope that you will capitulate & pay up.
                                Alternatively they could just put it on the 'pending' file & take their own sweet time in 'accessing' compliant documentation.
                                If they do file a court claim & you then hit them with the CCA request, they are then up against the 12 day sanction imposed by the CCA 1974 for non-compliance, and the court's own timetable.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X