• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Argos Card and DLC recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argos Card and DLC recovery

Hello ,

I need some advice please. I had a argos card years ago I think more than 6 years ago. I had some balance left can't remember how much but it was not what they claim in the latter I received few days ago.

I receive latter saying DLC now has bought this debt what should I do?

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Argos Card and DLC recovery

Anyone Please?

Comment

So Argos are saying the balance is £808 ? and it's been sold on to Cabot for collection.

You should ask Argos for a breakdown of your account from the time you last recall using it to date, to find out how the amount has increased.

You could check on your bank statements from when you think you last paid Argos on the card and you could check your credit file ( noddle is free) to see if this debt shows on there, and if it does when it was marked as Defaulted.

Then if it is over 6 years old you can inform Cabot and Argos that it is time barred.

Other than that you're basically waiting for Cabot to start hassling you for payment. When they do you can then send them a CCA request and a request for info about the account.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I don't think I have statements that long , I will check credit file and update it here.

Comment

Hi , I have checked Noddle Cabot has entered default £900 date 31/07/2016.
          £ 900

31/07/2016

£ 900

31/07/2016

Comment

Okay that will be from where they took over the account. Nothing showing before then under Argos ( Home Shopping ) ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Okay that will be from where they took over the account. Nothing showing before then under Argos ( Home Shopping ) ?

There is no argos or home shopping only cabot financial europe . I have attached a screen shot please view. Thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone please?

Comment

Can anyone one help please??????????????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X