• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

David

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David

Please is there anybody who can put into plain English the following letter I received from the court many thanks David

I have received a general form of judgement or order

I am taking some one to court who owes me £15000 on the letter it says

It is ordered that

1.permission to claimant by ( date )to file & serve a reply to defendants schedule if so advised

2 Refer again on receipt of expiry date

3 this order has been made by the court under CPR 23.9 as the court has disposed of an application without hearing and without service .Any part may apply to have this order set aside or varied within 7 days of the date of service of this order on that party
    Tags: None

Re: David

:bump:

Comment

I'm sure [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will know.

For ref CPR 23.9

Service of application where application made without notice

(1) This rule applies where the court has disposed of an application which it permitted to be made without service of a copy of the application notice.

(2) Where the court makes an order, whether granting or dismissing the application, a copy of the application notice and any evidence in support must, unless the court orders otherwise, be served with the order on any party or other person –

(a) against whom the order was made; and
      (b) against whom the order was sought.
      (3) The order must contain a statement of the right to make an application to set aside(GL) or vary the order under rule 23.10.

Comment

Originally posted by David Adams View Post
        Please is there anybody who can put into plain English the following letter I received from the court many thanks David

I have received a general form of judgement or order

I am taking some one to court who owes me £15000 on the letter it says

It is ordered that

1.permission to claimant by ( date )to file & serve a reply to defendants schedule if so advised

2 Refer again on receipt of expiry date

3 this order has been made by the court under CPR 23.9 as the court has disposed of an application without hearing and without service .Any part may apply to have this order set aside or varied within 7 days of the date of service of this order on that party

This is your answer from the court to your application, so to know exactly we need to know what application you made. He is basically saying you didn't need an application (unless your application was to ask permission to reply?? in which case granted) so hasn't served it or heard it..... I'm not sure what schedule that would be ? ( costs / chronology ? ).

You need to file & serve your response to the schedule by (date).

Refer again, means it goes back to the judge on (date) with or without your reply and he'll give further direction/consider your application then.

Basically to help any we need to know where you are at in the case, what schedule the defendant sent, and what application you made.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X