• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hsbc - cabot

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hsbc - cabot

Hi, this is the situation;

Cabot have tried calling me in the UK over what i think is a only very recently, slightly defaulted CC and small overdraft from HSBC.

I have been trying to contact HSBC and still am as I hope to deal directly with them and rescue the account.

But I live now in Canada, and it's been trickier than you would think to make an international call (everyone has smartphones and in Canada you must have a monthly arrangement to make international calls), so I have emailed the bank numerous times through online banking and received replies but have not yet spoken to them.

Anyway I had no idea who this 'Cabot' was so I told the people at my previous short term address in the UK to pass on my Canadian contact number. I have also emailed them and requested that they email me or call me if they want to get in touch.

Now from reading a few forums these guys seem like complete scum who wallow in the misery created by the effluent overflow of dirty capitalism and greed so to say that I have much of a concious about this would be stretching the truth.

I live abroad, I pretty much always have done and have no intentions of going back to the UK to live.

I want to make sure they don't bother the folks at my previous address again as it is causing them worry,
    Tags: None

Re: Hsbc - cabot

When I worked in local government recovery. occasionally we would come across debtors who lived abroad and I did have some success in dealing with the debt by email, post or occasionally phone. But to be honest, if the debt is minor, leaving our shores makes most debts uneconomic to pursue.

If you admit the account, then you could contact Cabot Financial Direct ( https://www.cabotfinancial.co.uk/ I am assuming these are the people) qualify the debt with them and insist that no more harassment is applied to your previous UK address. You can negotiate payment through this portal but if you feel the debt needs quantifying, then you will have to maintain contact with HSBC ... after all, they are supposed to span the word!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy1948 View Post
      When I worked in local government recovery. occasionally we would come across debtors who lived abroad and I did have some success in dealing with the debt by email, post or occasionally phone. But to be honest, if the debt is minor, leaving our shores makes most debts uneconomic to pursue.

If you admit the account, then you could contact Cabot Financial Direct ( https://www.cabotfinancial.co.uk/ I am assuming these are the people) qualify the debt with them and insist that no more harassment is applied to your previous UK address. You can negotiate payment through this portal but if you feel the debt needs quantifying, then you will have to maintain contact with HSBC ... after all, they are supposed to span the word!
      Yeah, I have no problem sorting this out with HSBC, but if they have sold the debt , Cabot will never get a penny on principle.
      Principle 1) they are xxxxxxxxxx who wallow in the misfortune of others and attempt to drag people who are legally free of debt back into debt for their own financial gain and 2) As I have endeavoured to contact tHSBC 4 times via email with no satisfactory response, I consider their actions to be extremely hostile considering the paltry size of the debt and the tiny amount of time accrued.

I will never ever admit anything to a company I have never had dealings and never will.

I will be contacting the bank, if it is too late, it is too late, if the debt has been sold, it's been sold, **** all to do with me.
      Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd July 2016, 07:47:AM. Reason: Personal remarks removed

Comment

Hi again ... Actually I have been retired from that job for two years now but I may have been the exception to the rule that I treated people with decency and respect. I wasn't always admired for it by my peers but I received thousands of compliments by the public that I dealt with. I have had my own battles with HSBC but I have never resorted to calling anyone scum, unlike you sir. Do you really think your actions are appropriate for such a splendid public forum?

Comment

Hi again ... Actually I have been retired from that job for two years now but I may have been the exception to the rule that I treated people with decency and respect. I wasn't always admired for it by my peers but I received thousands of compliments by the public that I dealt with. I have had my own battles with HSBC but I have never resorted to calling anyone scum, unlike you sir. Do you really think your actions are appropriate for such a splendid public forum?
          Yes.

Comment

I also think it is appropriate to post this...

'If you’re having trouble with Cabot Financial you are not alone. There are nearly 5000 searches a month for their name in Google alone'

and this...

'Unless you enter into a tacit agreement by handing over your personal details to third party interlopers such as Cabot. You have no contract with them and cannot be forced into one. It is worth knowing that if they are claiming you owe "them" money you should demand to see the wet signature of the original contract between you and them along with any proof you owe them anything. In the meantime you can ask them if they purchased the debt from elsewhere? Then you simply state " I do not consent to giving you any of my personal information or for you to continue to harrass me constantly to extort money from me". You bought the debt therefore it cannot be possible you have the necessary proof that I owe your company anything and if you bought the debt then thank you very much and have a good day!!

If they continue to attempt contact and gain joinder through asking you to confirm who you are for data protection say no comment, I do not have to say anything to you, good bye.

If it has gone on for a long time then issue them a notice of removal of right of implied access and a fee schedule attached. Stating if you are contacted again they agree to be bound by tacit agreement to honour your fee schedule and then send them an invoice for say £1500.00 per attempt to harrass. See how long it takes before they get the message.. Good luck PEEPS.'

Comment

Well, 'scum' maybe is a bit hard but for anyone who has had - like I - prolonged contact with and harassment from DCAs such as Cabot, they could be forgiven for noising off a public forum. And, Snoopy1948, if you don't fall into that category then maybe give RacNamman, who appears to be a newbie to this game, a bit of slack on the rope?

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FOTL

Comment

Mr Alan Keir, Chief Executive

E-Mail:-
                  managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com have you tried this contact?

Comment

Mr Ken Stannard Chief Executive
                    Email kstannard@cabotCM.com

Cabot E-Mail formal complaint??????

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
                      Well, 'scum' maybe is a bit hard but for anyone who has had - like I - prolonged contact with and harassment from DCAs such as Cabot, they could be forgiven for noising off a public forum. And, Snoopy1948, if you don't fall into that category then maybe give RacNamman, who appears to be a newbie to this game, a bit of slack on the rope?
                      Actually, Captain H, I spent 23 years of being called scum at the door, even if it was to represent local government. That's the nature of people who consider themselves under pressure, they say the first thing that comes to mind, regardless of offence. But I was well trained and it was like water off a ducks back then, as it is now.

Different set of dynamics of course.

Comment

Actually, Captain H, I spent 23 years of being called scum at the door, even if it was to represent local government. That's the nature of people who consider themselves under pressure, they say the first thing that comes to mind, regardless of offence. But I was well trained and it was like water off a ducks back then, as it is now.

Different set of dynamics of course.
                        So nothing to do with your appalling life choices then?

Comment

Okay I think that's enough. Thread Closed.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X