• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help been lied to and now being put through claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help been lied to and now being put through claims court

hi everyone, stupidley let the cliams guy chase ppi i was told not there by my bank, when came back told had some, rang them and asked what to do, they said , sign form they will get details of how much and there cost for amount and them i can take it forward if i wanted, couple days later halifax rang to discuss ppi claim,told them i was making complaint as i was told none, they looked at file and said could take claims company off and proceed myself, which i did, having only been told looking into costs and that was it and my bank said ok and would inform them too, they went mad said id signed form for them and wanted 700 pounds , said bank said i was ok to do myself and had 14 days cooling off period and theyd lied to me over form , now they mucked my about over seven months of asking me to pay exspalining i was intitled and refussing to talk to haifax have gone to cliams court, who dont want to know and dont talk to you , icant afford money i paid off some debt and bought xmas prezzie can anyone help me

- - - Updated - - -

sorry my spelling bad tonight, i hate typing and didnt re read before posting
    Last edited by antfinder; 18th July 2016, 20:29:PM. Reason: spelling
    Tags: None

Re: help been lied to and now being put through claims court

You signed up with Claims Guys to reclaim PPI from Halifax.

You signed the forms believing that they were just to get the information of how much it would cost you?

However you telephone Halifax yourself and they made an offer which you accepted.

This was within the 14 days cooling off period - did you actually cancel with the Claims Guys ? if so how, and can you evidence it?

Now Claims Guys are suing you through small claims court for £700 ?

Is that correct ?

Do you have a copy of the contract you signed with the Claims Guys ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i didnt contact halifax they rang to say they would be sorting my claim and confirm a few details, i then informed them what had happened and i was going to make complaint over being told no ppi and a claims company get involved and there is some and then i have to lose some of it, , they informed me i was ENTITLED TO PROCEED ON MY OWN, THE CLAIMS company, told me the form was to get permission from halifax to get how much ppi there was and then they could give me costs for there part as would mention costs when i asked on several times, i didnt signed up to 30% plus vat and i did single ppi as i am not with ex wife anymore, they want me to pay for two people halifax said i was ok to proceed on my own, and i told claims company and they just said u signed up and didnt care id bean mislead kept saying would talk to supervisor and ring me and never did, just rang up said pay up

Comment

is there anyone out there looking at this, how does this forum work

Comment

Originally posted by antfinder View Post
          i didnt contact halifax they rang to say they would be sorting my claim and confirm a few details, i then informed them what had happened and i was going to make complaint over being told no ppi and a claims company get involved and there is some and then i have to lose some of it, , they informed me i was ENTITLED TO PROCEED ON MY OWN, THE CLAIMS company, told me the form was to get permission from halifax to get how much ppi there was and then they could give me costs for there part as would mention costs when i asked on several times, i didnt signed up to 30% plus vat and i did single ppi as i am not with ex wife anymore, they want me to pay for two people halifax said i was ok to proceed on my own, and i told claims company and they just said u signed up and didnt care id bean mislead kept saying would talk to supervisor and ring me and never did, just rang up said pay up
          Morning, Apologies for missing your post before. Bumping is a good idea if your post has been missed for a while xx

From what I can make out you feel you were mislead into signing a contract with the Claims Guys.

Halifax rang you after they had been contacted by the Claims Guys, and told you you could proceed on your own ( which is true but for the fact you had signed a contract with the Claims Guys )

The Claims Guys did not tell you their costs before you signed the agreement - is that right ? That would be a breach of the Claims Management Regulations if so and that might give you a get out.

Did they send you the contract by post or email ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hi, they would not tell me costs,they said i had to sign and then they could find out how much was on offer and then they could tell me what costs where, they have had to put it to mediation through local small claims court, awaiting call from them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X