• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowells have just registered a default against me that I knew nothing about!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowells have just registered a default against me that I knew nothing about!

Hi all, I recieved a letter the other day, 7th july 2016, from lowells asking me to pay a debt that i apparently have/had with BT. I have checked my credit file. experia , and they have registered it as a default! there is no reference to BT anywhere on my credit file whatsoever on settled or active accounts. What do I do? can somebody please help?.
    I have a small settled default that is due to drop off in october and then my file would have been clear, a house move and mortgage being on the cards but now am I going to have to put up with 6 yrs of being judged again?.
    thanks for any help or advice in advance, mathew.
    Tags: None

Re: lowells have just registered a default against me that I knew nothing about!

Hi there

Do you recall having any accounts / debts with BT in the past ? phone/internet etc ? Any letters at all from BT over the last few years ?

You will need to dispute the account directly with Lowell and ask them to remove the default marker.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: lowells have just registered a default against me that I knew nothing about!

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi there

Do you recall having any accounts / debts with BT in the past ? phone/internet etc ? Any letters at all from BT over the last few years ?

You will need to dispute the account directly with Lowell and ask them to remove the default marker.
      Hi Amethyst, I was with BT about 5 and a half years ago, as far as I am, was, aware there was no money owing. The annoying thing about all this is that I recieved no notification of any intention to register a default against me from lowells, just a letter regards the alleged debt and how they'd like to "help" me pay it!. Had I known what they were going to do I would likely have paid it regardless of whether I owed it or not just to keep my credit file clear. I am quite prepared to seek, and pay for legal help on this matter as I feel that they have behaved very underhandedly. Is it worth writing to them (lowells) and suggesting that If I pay it that they remove the default or would i be better off going down the legal route?. I don't think anything has ever made me quite so frustrated and angry and the more I've researched the more it would seem that they can just do this to people and get away with it. thanks, Mathew.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X