• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repayment of training costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repayment of training costs

I recently had my 3 year apprenticeship terminated by the company due to sickness level basically I had days off due to a car accident and a dislocated shoulder. On my contract it stated if I left the company within 4 years of having completed my 3 year apprenticeship I would have to repay my training costs. However what it doesn't say in the contract what if my apprenticeship is terminated by the company regarding training costs. My job was terminated 14 months into the apprenticeship. They have withheld my wages owing to me and since 8th June I have still not received my P45. They have now emailed me to say I owe them £2750 training costs. This seems unfair when it was their choice to end the apprenticeship not mine and I have not received my wages either
    Tags: None

Re: Repayment of training costs

I had days off due to a car accident and a dislocated shoulder.
    How much time did you have off ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

11days total

Comment

My main concern is the repayment of the training costs do you think I am liable to repay these even though my contract was terminated by the company?

Comment

I have now received a summons for the training costs but I cannot find the advice you gave me regarding my contract of Employment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X