• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Originally posted by Ramuk2 View Post
    Yes, they are saying the shortfall (as they call it) is the interest on the arrears that was miscalculated and added to the monthly instalments to complete the loan.
    And this.........is not correct, as the interest is a daily thing which is added in real time and not calculated at a later date to be added in the future or to the end of the Loan. That is unreal!!!!!
    So no missed payments by you but interest added to your loan as a result of a "shortfall" due to their miscalculations?

Have you got all your statements for the life of the loan? (You can get them from a SAR to Barclays if not.)

I'll read your uploads and get back to you

Di

Comment

I have made a claim for the PPI and received the refund, so that was settled .
      How was it settled?

Did they refund the upfront PPI premium charged for the policy of £9,566.40 and/or did they refund any interest which was charged on that PPI figure during the life of the loan (10 years)?

Di

Comment

Yes, I missed some payments and others were in shortfall, altogether around 8 payments were affected.
        The refund for the PPI was credited to the outstanding loan balance.

Comment

Yes, interest added to the loan due to their "miscalculation".
          I have the payment statements.

Comment

I missed some payments and others were in shortfall, altogether around 8 payments were affected.
            The refund for the PPI was credited to the outstanding loan balance.
            Any missed payments by you may have attracted interest (depending on the Ts & Cs etc).

Can you explain the "shortfall" side of things.

How much was the PPI refund (so I can see if it included interest charged on the premium over the 10 years)?

Di

Comment

Yes, interest added to the loan due to their "miscalculation".
              I have the payment statements.
              Sorry our posts keep crossing, but the word "miscalculation" got me interested

Di

Comment

Sorry, I am unable to explain any related shortfall as I was not aware of anything like this happening to the account administered by the BANK.
                The PPI refund was during the begining of the loan term, as I challenged it. It was 9,566.40

Comment

Yes............this word "Miscalculation" sounds dubious to say the least and in terms of a bank downright DEVIOUS.

Comment

Sorry, I am unable to explain any related shortfall as I was not aware of anything like this happening to the account administered by the BANK.
                    The PPI refund was during the begining of the loan term, as I challenged it. It was 9,566.40
                    Explain to Elderbridge that, you want to see the maths involved & check for yourself that what they are claiming "is correct". You can not be sure otherwise.

These people do as they please with charges, your T&Cs make it so, you need to see what they have done, it is fair to ask.

Comment

Out of curiosity (no more inquisition tonight I promise ) why was the PPI refunded?

Did you not ask for it in the first place (how did you apply for the loan?) or when you saw the PPI Ts & Cs you realized it wasn't appropriate?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        Explain to Elderbridge that, you want to see the maths involved & check for yourself that what they are claiming "is correct". You can not be sure otherwise.
                        I agree Fred.

There's Maths and then there's "Elderbridge Maths" which as we all know can differ

Di

Comment

One more thing...........................................as k them to hold any further charges or interest until at least you have had chance to review & satisfy yourself over what they are claiming & exactly why.

Comment

I have sent numerous letters requesting this breakdown which they are stating including dates but to date they have never replied to at least 4 request, the same was requested from Barclay prior to the loan assignment, they also never replied.

Comment

I have sent numerous letters requesting this breakdown which they are stating including dates but to date they have never replied to at least 4 request, the same was requested from Barclay prior to the loan assignment, they also never replied.
                              I wonder why

Di

Comment

Ask again, record all the dates of previous & explain you will take it to the FOS with or without their final answer or disputed account data.

In fact, based on what you have done already I, would fill in the FOS form tonight & let Elderbridge know via email.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X