• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought a new build house - feel iv been short changed -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new build house - feel iv been short changed -

HI ALL
    Wasn't sure what to put as the title, but here we go.
    I have bought a new build with Charles Church which is currently being built. It also turns out one my Girlfriends close family friends has also bought a house on the development just before I did. It also turns out that the house is identical to mine, other than the location. Having recently been on site to see my house, and also looking round the friends (hers is a few weeks ahead of mine completion wise) I noticed she has extras on here house that mine doesn't. Obviously I assume these are extras she has paid for. I am in regular contact with this friend now, having bought the same house on the same development we are constantly comparing notes etc. But it turns out she didn't ask for any of the extras I notice. The things I noticed were, leading on the windows, soffets on all the roofing, sand stone blocks under every widow, and I have also heard she will getting pillers out the front of the house. (these are just the things i noticed, there could be more) I have checked with the friend and she confirms she paid exactly the same asking price and didn't ask for any of the extras, therefore for her its come as standard.
    I should point out that her house is at the front near the main road near the main entrance, I know and understand why its been done. As her house is one of the first to be seen and they want to draw people in and sell more houses so have jazzed hers up. However I do not see how it is fair that shes receives all these extras when we have paid the same. my house is literally 50 meters further back from hers away from the road. I guess for the development its unfortunate two friends have bought exactly the same house at the same cost otherwise I wouldn't be any the wise, I would have just assumed the other house was more expensive.

My question being, do I have right to argue this, or will the developer just say this is in there prerogative.
    I would would like to try get more out of them.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Bought a new build house - feel iv been short changed -

You will have purchased your house at the price you agreed to pay for it, based on the specifications and plans they gave you. These features were not included and you didn't think they were included when agreeing a price. Your friend had the same situation and presumably when arranging to buy her house they were told the specs etc of their house and agreed a price.

Do you have the brochure/plans/spec etc which you relied on when making the offer to buy your house? And does she have hers?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I believe she would have gone down the same route I did, initially using the brochure, which as expected just showed our house the once in one spec. then further down the line looked over the official design drawings which need to be reviewed and signed. But this didn't specify the windows, soffets or pillars or under window sand stone. I obviously asked about window type and brick work which was not an issue at the time. But only when seeing the two houses built its easy to notice whats different. For example they told me white PVC windows which is what i was expecting, but then I see the other house which should be the same in every way including cost, has white pvc windows but with leading included. I do not believe my firend was aware of this etc.
      However this is not something I overally want to drag her into as she may think I'm stirring things up with the developer. But without going into grave detail with her not sure how much I can confirm. But from the impression i got all those things mentioned above none were in the spec and are definitely not extras she asked for.

whats my best way froward with this?

Comment

Talk to the developer do u have the spec of your house and is what you have brought to this spec

Comment

Hi

Some of the differences may be to do with the area plan, and the original area plan ( ie, property's facing one way have to have certain frontages ). This can also include walls, fences and curbs and commonly, lintels and door dressings.

Initially this can meen the property facing the entrance or boundary, cost more to build, but you can not add more onto them, because there not options from the buyer, so developers absorb the costs across the rest of the development. ( thats maybe why the prices are the same ). Probably, the person facing the road, had the better chance of negotiating the developers down. as they are usualy the harder ones to sell ( hence all the builtin upgrades )
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X