• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mis-sold car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-sold car finance

My partner recently took out finance, I wondered if he signed demands and needs for PCP and ended up with HP would that be mis-sold, also he was told APR was 4.6 and ended up with 8.9. All this was signed for on point of sale electronically, then subsequently emailed to him, in other words never shown written copies. Furthermore we have been charged excess mileage on a VT and that VT used as a deposit on new car but not deducted from total price. Any advice welcomed. Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Mis-sold car finance

How long ago is recently ?

Signed electronically - on the trade premises ? Could you post a copy of the agreement up please ( remove personal info)

The VT issue - was that for the deposit on the same vehicle (as the mis-sold HP) ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I will post up agreement later as partner has it. The VT amount was transferred against new vehicale as deposit, but was not deducted from total amount as originally told. My partner signed on a box (like signing for a parcel ) and was emailed documents after on to his phone.

Comment

So he did not have opportunity to read the documents before signing?

When was this?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This was over 14 days ago we have since cancelled and paid off all finance plus interest, but are looking to try and get our deposit back as compensation for mis-selling as HP instead of PCP, also excess mileage payment on previous car also a APR of 8.9 rather than 4.6. This is through BMW, we had the old car on PCP at BMW with another dealer and had no problems. We were told we were borrowing £40,000 as the £3,900 my partner paid on other car was the deposit (we were given signed receipt as it being deposit for new car) on new car. The loan agreement Emailed on request 5 days later stated we had borrowed all the money and no deposit had been paid. ie £44,000

Comment

Hi, inJuly 2013 I bought a 12 month old Honda Civic from a main Honda dealer with whatI incorrectly assumed was a normal car HP / loan deal but whichis actually a Barclays Finance PCP with no guaranteed final value & nomileage cap. There is a balloon payment at the end but as I was not evenaware of what a PCP was this is fairly irrelevant. None of this wasexplained to me at time of purchase and I assumed it was standard HP.
            Basically the loan is NOT secured on the vehicle so I find myself 3.5 yearsinto a 4 yr agreement owing £10162 with a vehicle currently valued atc£8300-£8500. The current settlement figure until 5/9/16 is £9588, so I amstill £1100 short and worse if I don't sell the car before 5/9. The newregistrations will be out by then and the cap value will reduce further. I havehad issues trying to buy a new car as the finance is not secured on thevehicle, and I am having to also put a large lump sum deposit to get to an evenposition before I can even consider a new car finance deal. Any advice or suggestionson how I can proceed and whether I have any claim for being mis-sold carfinance?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X