• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey Solicitors

I'm not sure if I have done the right thing but I have cancelled my standing order to these people they haven't done what they say they are going to do like keep in contact with the people I owe the money to , you can't always get to speak to people. I was actually told by these in a letter not to keep contacting them.In the four months I have paid they they have only written to the once . Have I done the right thing?
    Tags: None

Re: Abbey Solicitors

Hi Kadge

I'll give our [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a nudge on this.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Kadge,

What were Abbey doing for you? I suspect they simply sent a CCA request letter to each of your creditors.

Have your creditors continued contacting you about the debts ?

Have you had any emails back off Abbey ?

How much have you paid over the last 4 months ?

You will need to write to Abbey and formally withdraw from the agreement - just stopping the SO will cause problems. To help with the letter we need to know what they said they would do and what they are / aren't doing.

You should also make a report to the FCA and SRA.

Did you go and see CAB at all ?

Sharon
      xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hi Kadge

I'll give our [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a nudge on this.
        Speedy
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Speedy
          Lol!

I just fired the starting gun.

You were off the blocks & at the finish in less than 1 minute!

Move over, Mr Bolt...............

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Abbey was going to try and get my debt written off in a year. Yes my creditors have been contacting me but I have recently spoken to them and at the moment they have suspended my account for 30 days. I've emails from Abbey saying that the were looking into it they would pass it on to their legal departure. When I have actually spoken to the person who is dealing with it he said that he would ring them but he didn't. The letter they sent me said something like I don't need to keep calling them as they are dealing with the matter but and letters from my creditors just keep sending them to them. I did actually email the last letter and all I got back was I will refer this to our legal department but I had to call my creditors before the 5/6/16 otherwise they were taking me to court. I called them to stop this as I know Abbey won't. I have paid just over £600 and I am going to make an appointment with CAB next week
            Last edited by Kadge; 3rd June 2016, 09:20:AM. Reason: Missed out answer

Comment

I called CAB today explain everything they said I was wrong to cancel my SO as I would be in breach of contract but they also said I could argue that they are in breach of contract by not doing what they said they would do. CAB advised me to write a letter to Abbey explaining why and that they where in breach of contract CAB also said I am to call the legal ombudsman to report Abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Kadge View Post
                I did actually email the last letter and all I got back was I will refer this to our legal department
                Their 'legal department'? They're a firm of solicitors lol.

On the advice CAB gave you I'd just hang on to see what [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] thinks. I'd value her advice above anyone's.

Comment

Okay will do thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kadge View Post
                    I called CAB today explain everything they said I was wrong to cancel my SO as I would be in breach of contract but they also said I could argue that they are in breach of contract by not doing what they said they would do. CAB advised me to write a letter to Abbey explaining why and that they where in breach of contract CAB also said I am to call the legal ombudsman to report Abbey
                    I agree with CAB entirely.

Did you receive the Client Care Letter from Abbey ? ( and did you sign it and return it to Abbey ?) Do you have a copy ?

I have a copy of the client care letter so I just need to check yours is the same really ( see attached for a copy of what I have) Also do you have anything in writing about what they were offering - emails ? letters ? etc before you signed the Client Care Letter ?

( you can email me copies if you like - admin@legalbeagles.info )

Will help us help you draft a cancellation letter to them xx
                    Attached Files
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am due at work so I will get all letters scan on laptop and email you tomorrow . Thank you

Comment

Thanks Kadge xx Have a good day at work
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X