• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eddie - Tax Credit Overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie - Tax Credit Overpayment

Hi all, this is the first time ive ever used a forum.
    im going to need help with 2 problems

1 -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...antage-Finance

2) ive been given 4 weeks to repay £790 over payment of
    working and family tax credit from 2015
    thanks for any help on these
    or information on how i should search
    Eddie107
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd June 2016, 06:57:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Eddie - Tax Credit Overpayment

4 weeks is a very short timescale - I would give them a call ( if you ever get past the hold process) you should be able to come to an arrangement to pay by installments - which could be taken at source from on going tax credits. Worth a chat with them.

Do you agree with the overpayment ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome

Presumably you have ceased to receive tax credits
      It is standard practice to demand immediate repayment, but they will normally accept repayment over a twelve month period (and even upto ten years if necessary!)
      You should not have to pay back more than you can afford, so work out your figures and as Amethyst suggests, give them a ring.

Of course if you can't agree their figures, appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie107 View Post
        Hi all, this is the first time ive ever used a forum.
        im going to need help with 2 problems

1 -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...antage-Finance

2) ive been given 4 weeks to repay £790 over payment of
        working and family tax credit from 2015
        thanks for any help on these
        or information on how i should search
        Eddie107
        Hello, Eddie

I agree with the L.Beagles, 4 week is an absurdly short amount of time to pay back £790 (well call it £800). I don't think they can legally do this, by that I mean a law that gives them the right to do it? Do you agree with the overpayment? For example, does HM have the right to claim back that money, was there an overpayment made? At the time of this alleged overpayment did you fail to disclose a change or circumstances, ie did your family situation change concerning the relevant employ? Alternatively, if there were such overpayments made by HM, did you at time report it to them?

Comment

Hi
          I dont dispute overpayment. as they maybe right.
          They stopped payment last year (2015-2016) in order to repay overpayment from (2014-2015)
          payments were started again this year at a greatly reduced rate £3/week then stopped
          they state stopping payments last year did not repay as i would not have been entitled
          to payments in either year.
          sorry i ever tried to claim Nightmare
          I was always honest and upfront about changes in income.
          Major concern was that they could stop the amout from my salary or inform my employer.
          thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie107 View Post
            Hi
            I dont dispute overpayment. as they maybe right.
            They stopped payment last year (2015-2016) in order to repay overpayment from (2014-2015)
            payments were started again this year at a greatly reduced rate £3/week then stopped
            they state stopping payments last year did not repay as i would not have been entitled
            to payments in either year.
            sorry i ever tried to claim Nightmare
            I was always honest and upfront about changes in income.
            Major concern was that they could stop the amout from my salary or inform my employer.
            thanks.
            Eddie, have you asked HM to provide you with a break down of all the alleged overpayments. You said you were always honest about changes in income. If this is true, how can you have overpaid, is my point. Please tell me your facts as concisely (ie stick to the point) as you can. Why were you claiming tax credits from what date an for how long. You mention 2014 overpayments. Tell me the situation concisely. You further mention 2015 overpayments tell me the situation concisely.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X