• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells saying they have a previous ccj?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells saying they have a previous ccj?

Hi I just wondered if anyone could help me please. I have a partner that has a debt from ten years ago the last payment he call recall was 2009 he ignored letter and we moved. Now in 2016 lowells have wrote to him saying they obtained a ccj in 2014? We know nothing about this and wasn't sever any papers? We have not heard off lowells until now? It doesn't state what court it went to and doesn't show on records and credit reports we just thought it had fallen off as it would be around 6 years ago. Would lowells be lying about obtaining a ccj in 2014 as we can't find it. Thank you for any help
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells saying they have a previous ccj?

The court would have been Northampton County Court business centre which is just a bulk processing centre court and it would be a judgment by default. The CCJ is likely to be registered at your partners old address. If he hasn't updated his credit file then it may not appear as yet. You can check on trust online using his old address to see if there is a CCJ - http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ - costs £3 I believe.

If there is then you COULD apply to have the CCJ set aside if you feel you could defend the claim however that he didn't update his address with Lowell might go against him as to why he didn't defend at the time. But find out if it actually exists first.

What have Lowell threatened in the letter ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. They just said that they have bought the debt and since the ccj was issued in 2014 it is in areas off £1000. It's up to £2500 now all together and there asking for a payment off £50 a month to start immediately . We have looked on the register but still nothing. I didn't think that they would be able to fausly claim he has a ccj. it may be worth while for me to ring the court and ask if one has actually been issued. We have recieve post from our old address nearly every 6 months but nothing from any courts

Comment

Weird. Yes worth giving the Northampton court a call on monday - have Lowell given you the claim reference number ? If not giving your partners name and old address should help them find it.

£50 a month is generally what the court orders for installments. If there's nothing on the register then that's good as it won't be affecting your credit file.

Applying to set aside will cost you £255 court fee's which you're unlikely to get back and of course if you didn't succeed in the application you could be liable for more costs on top. If there's no queries over the actual debt and it's not affecting your credit files it might be wise to sort out installments with Lowell if they are making noises about potential enforcement of the CCJ. Having the post forwarded on from old address does help your case though.

But again, of course, do nothing until you have confirmed this CCJ exists with the court.

If it doesn't you can give Lowell a slap.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for the swift reply! I will give the court a ring on Monday and see what they come back with. If there is a ccj we will start repayment as we are wanting a Morgage soon. Thank you 😊

Comment

try Tuesday when they open! i.e. Bank Holiday!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X