• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL (Money Claim On Line) OR CCMC (County Court Money Claims Centre at Salford)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL (Money Claim On Line) OR CCMC (County Court Money Claims Centre at Salford)

Rented flat, landlord took months to stop a leak coming through ceiling. Drips came from leaking pipes in the building not in another tenant's flat. Landlord eventually stopped the drips but my decor and belonging were damaged.

I want to claim the money to re decorate and replace damaged items.

Yes, it's a claim for money but claim will be for an unspecified amount eg not more than £3000.

Which route should I take MCOL or CCMC. It's going to be expensive to do and I don't want to risk loss of fee by taking the wrong route.

Can anybody help please
    Tags: None

Re: MCOL (Money Claim On Line) OR CCMC (County Court Money Claims Centre at Salford

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your damage

Have you spoken to Landlord directly about the damage? Or are you considering going straight for a claim?
    What type of tenancy do you have (ast ? etc and term?)
    "Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self esteem and personal satisfaction" Margaret Thatcher

"When somebody challenges you, fight back, be brutal, be tough” Donald Trump

"I fought for the underdog for a level playing field" Judge Jeanine Pirro

"There's a natural law of Karma that vindictive people who go out of their way to hurt others will end up broke and alone" Sylvester Stallone

sigpic

Comment

Re: MCOL (Money Claim On Line) OR CCMC (County Court Money Claims Centre at Salford

Originally posted by wottheeck View Post
      Rented flat, landlord took months to stop a leak coming through ceiling. Drips came from leaking pipes in the building not in another tenant's flat. Landlord eventually stopped the drips but my decor and belonging were damaged.

I want to claim the money to re decorate and replace damaged items.

Yes, it's a claim for money but claim will be for an unspecified amount eg not more than £3000.

Which route should I take MCOL or CCMC. It's going to be expensive to do and I don't want to risk loss of fee by taking the wrong route.

Can anybody help please
      Originally posted by Sessie View Post
      Hi there

Sorry to hear about your damage

Have you spoken to Landlord directly about the damage? Or are you considering going straight for a claim?
      What type of tenancy do you have (ast ? etc and term?)
      The court will expect you to, in the first instance, deal with the LL directly, or through a mediation service.
      Is there anything in the contract re disputes?
      Court should be the last resort (ie when all else fails).
      Btw, if the damage is substantial, you might consider getting an independent assessment of losses to support your claim.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Do you have any contents insurance?

Was landlord aware of the damage the pipes were causing in your flat - and did you take action to prevent damage ( eg moving furnishings away from affected area - putting a bucket down etc - basic stuff )

An unspecified amount won't really cut it - work out how much it will cost to replace the damaged furnishings and redecorate the damaged wall/ceiling to bring you back the position you were in before the leak. Then speak to the landlord, your insurers (if any) and be ready to negotiate.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello Whattheeck

Really take into considersation what both Charitynjw and Amethyst are saying - they know their stuff and have been my backbone through a case I'm going through right now. If you havent spoken to your LL/Agent already, do so because Im going through a small claims myself, I did however attempt to sort it out with LL and opt for mediation, in my case the LL was not forthcoming and it has ended up going to a hearing. It's a long process, it's very hard and I wouldnt want to go through it again. In my case it is not possible due to the circumstances to now approach LL at this point to try and resolve to avoid court, but I do wish he would as I dont want to go.

I dont know law well enough to advise you like the others, but in my laymans terms and being a person actually going through the court system right now - my advice is approach LL and try and sort out prior to court because once it starts no matter what side youre on, it's messy and it's best avoided ... and costly (although, as I said, I dont know the law like the others, so try and sort out beforehand but also if the LL has done something against the law or not in line with is legal duties then of course you have to take the correct course, but speak to him/her first). The court will look at your case and it is expected to be seen that you have tried to resolve and court is last option. It will also be taken into consideration should it reach court that you did try all avenues to resolve beforehand. Keep all emails, letters, messages, all documents to show you tried and I would always opt for mediation.

* I havent a clue about insurance areas, so look into what Amethyst has said because they are a mind of knowledge - both are !

Take the advice of others and try and resolve
          "Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self esteem and personal satisfaction" Margaret Thatcher

"When somebody challenges you, fight back, be brutal, be tough” Donald Trump

"I fought for the underdog for a level playing field" Judge Jeanine Pirro

"There's a natural law of Karma that vindictive people who go out of their way to hurt others will end up broke and alone" Sylvester Stallone

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X