• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco Theft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Theft

Today i was in Tesco and accidentally put two items in the self serve bagging area at once, without scanning one. The security guard came up to me and said he had it on CCTV and it was intentional (it wasn't). I paid for the item but he too down my name, address and date of birth. What will happen now? I am also only 17 so will they contact my parents
    Tags: None

Re: Tesco Theft

Do nothing. Come back here if you get any letters about the matter. You have done nothing wrong.

Comment

Thank you so much I will say if I recieve anything. Also incase its any difference it was a nail varnish worth £4.

Comment

Really don't worry. If they do pass your details on to RLP they may send you an invoice, and your parents might see the letter So, as you have done nothing wrong, I would tell them what happened and about the rather over zealous security guy taking your details. They may well just be mad at Tesco rather than with you.

If you get a letter from RLP just file it away, have a read of some threads here about RLP ( retail loss prevention ) to see that they are just all mouth and no trousers and although the letters might sound scary and threatening, there is just no basis to their claims and you can safely ignore them.

Btw I'm always putting the wrong bits in the bagging area or not putting bits in the bagging area, or somehow things weigh the wrong amount in the bloody bagging area.... I've given up with the self serve machines, they are too annoying.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will they address a letter to my parents or only to me? I'd just much rather keep them out of it if possible.

Thank you for the help!

Comment

It will be addressed to you. Depends if you get the post really. They might not send it to RLP so don't be worrying too much about it. I just know its better to fess up upfront before something appears in the post.... but obvs you know your parents xx If a letter does come and you do talk to them then get them to come on here and look at the RLP threads so they know it's a pile of poop too xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

RLP should not write to your parents.
              Did you give Tesco your age? (just reread first post... you did)
              RLP will probably write to you first.
              When you ignore that letter, although they know they should not they might write to your parents pretending they are concerned for you as a minor.
              In fact they will be trying to pressurise your parents into paying their demands.

IMO you would be better off telling your parents what has happened, and ask them to complain to Tesco's about the heavy handed approach of the security guard.
              You accidentally misplaced an item and you are distraught at being accused of shop lifting.

no matter what the circumstances, the incident could not be classed as the crime of the century, and I would expect any parent (no mater how strict) to support their child.
              Your parents' reaction will probably not be as you anticipate!

Comment

Okay thank you I might wait and see if I get anything through first, thanks for the help though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X