• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell/ fredrickson annual statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lowell/ fredrickson annual statement

Originally posted by unknown00 View Post
    apparently some paperwork was sent to me and lowell from the courts but iv not received anything.
    No irredeemably unenforceable was not mentioned as of yet. The lady from the court said they cant chase me because its been thrown out.

My credit file dosent say anything about very just that lowell have 2 shop direct accounts they have for me, then in each month there is a red box saying no payment received. I think the default start date is when lowell bought the account.
    Originally posted by Noah View Post
    Nemesis

Thank you for repeating what i said about statement of account
    Are you responding to the right thread?
    As far as I know this has never been to court
    The lady in question was at shop direct

As far as I know it has not been to court
    Confused I am!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes so am I
      I read all the first page which referred to speaking to SD but no mention of a court case

Comment

Yes so am I
        I read all the first page which referred to speaking to SD but no mention of a court case
        Perhaps unknown00 can enlighten us, then!

(It all gets a bit confusing sometimes, doesn't it?)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I hope so and apologies to all concerned if I have missed something

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
            :bump: for [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION]??
            Sorry for the confusion everyone, i originally posted asking for help with a debt lowell and fredrickson was chasing me for.
            Interest was been added to an account from shop direct they didn't prove that I owed.
            But after a few questions from you guys I looked into it further and realised the annual statement was with regards to a littlewoods shop direct account, this debt had been to court and thrown out by the judge. I've not yet received anything from the court but was told on the phone that paperwork has been sent to lowell and myself and she told me to ignore anything further from lowell with regards to this debt.

Now where the confusion has occurred is I then recieved a letter about a debt which was also a shop direct account which I just thought was the same one as above. I'd sent a cca request last December and a couple of weeks ago recieved terms and conditions for a very account with the name and date which the account was opened on line, but there was no written signiture and also no statement of account or balance of account. This was sent from moorcroft acting on behalf of lowell.
            My very account is still showing active on line and monthly statements were still been produced, I called up very and I was told there's nothing they can do about the active account and the debt was sold to lowell so they can't comment no further on it.

Moorcroft is repeatedly texting and ringing my old number which my daughter uses as an emergency phone when she is walking home from school.

my credit account is showing two debts with lowell both in default each month, there is nothing showing from very or littlewoods.
            I have no idea when lowell took over the debt or when the original default date was.

I was stressing because if lowell have the right documents to prove the very debt then I will set up a payment plan so they will leave me alone but I didn't want to do this if the information they sent wasn't enough.

Again I'm very sorry if I've made all of your heads go boom from confusion, I'm off to stand in a corner of a darkened room.
            Last edited by unknown00; 1st March 2016, 20:02:PM. Reason: wrong information

Comment

Hi unknown

Let me get this right
              You posted on one thread about a debt that has been to court and thrown out, I assume you mean struck out because the creditor did not supply documents or something.

Now there is a 2nd thread about a very account.

Is that correct or has someone merged two threads in error?

Anyway
              With regard to the very account
              As you opened it online and it was after 2005 a tick box is perfectly acceptable for a signature.
              For your £1 payment you should receive
              1 A copy of the agreement when you opened it
              2 A copy of terms and conditions when you opened it
              3 A copy of terms and conditions from now (or when it was defaulted)
              4 A copy of any other documents mentioned in 1,2 or 3 above
              5 A signed statement of account which need only be the covering letter stating the outstanding balalance with a squashed spider on it I.e. The signature need not be identifiable

The other provision is that all the documents should be easily legible , I once heard a story of a creditor sending it blown up on A3 paper so it could be read.

The problem with all of the above is that it can easily be remidied almost at any time up till court although the legislation does say they should come together.

Does that that make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
                :bump: for [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=48934]Debt Camel[/MENTION] [MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION]??
                Yes thank you, the letter from moorcroft contained a cover letter with a reference number different to the account number with lowell. There was no balance or amount or who they was acting on behalf it just said here is the information you requested your account is on hold for 14 days. The text messages say they are acting on behalf of lowell and I need to contact them.
                so I believe they have sent me 4 of the 5 things. Do I now speak to them about a payment plan?

Thank you for you taking the time to read and reply.

Comment

If I'm honest you probably will have to however I would be writing back to them saying that the documents they supplied did not fulfil their obligations under s78(1) of the cca 1974. As a result s78(6) renders the account unenforceable.
                  You may wish to copy s78(1) of the cca and include it in the letter.

I think that it will only be a stalling tactic though

Comment

Hoping someone can help, Lowell was chasing me for a shop direct account, so i sent them a CPr 31.14 request back in December 2015 and they was unable to send me any proof they owned the debt.
                    I was hoping that would be it but today iv received a letter from Fredrickson international representing Lowell of an annual statement of said debt with over £220 added for interest, fees and adjustments.
                    What should i write to them with regards to them failing to comply with the cpr request and to stop chasing me?
                    Id be very grateful of any information in helping to get them to leave me alone.
                    But in post #1 you say it is Fredrickson who are acting on behalf of Lowell for this alleged debt?
                    Where does Moorcroft come into it?

:confused2:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If I'm honest you probably will have to however I would be writing back to them saying that the documents they supplied did not fulfil their obligations under s78(1) of the cca 1974. As a result s78(6) renders the account unenforceable.
                      You may wish to copy s78(1) of the cca and include it in the letter.

I think that it will only be a stalling tactic though

thank you noah, i will do this and also request they stop ringing and texting my daughters phone, thanks for your time in reading

Comment

Yes indeed
                        Send a letter telling them that all communication is in writing and also that the number they have does not belong to you but to your daughter ( who is under 18 -if she is) and that is they do continue to call legal action for harassment may follow. Two can play at their game of ifs and maybes

As Charity has already asked ,
                        Just for clarity
                        Moorcroft are phoning but their client is Lowells . I thought they usually used one of their trading styles such as Fredricksons or Red but I may be wrong

Comment

thank you noah, i will do this and also request they stop ringing and texting my daughters phone, thanks for your time in reading
                          Don't request cessation of telephone and text contact, tell them forcefully that they will cease such contact immediately upon receipt of your letter.
                          Otherwise they will ignore your request.

nem

Comment

This very/shop direct was bought by Lowell and are using Moorcroft to chase me, as in an email from Moorcroft it says "We act on behalf of LOWELL FINANCIAL LIMITED and need to speak to you urgently regarding a personal business matter".
                            I dont know how well you can see it but iv added a photo of the letter Moorcroft sent me.

Here is the letter i will send to both Lowell and Moorcroft

I have requested a CCA from you with regards too this alledged account you hold in my name.
                            The information you have asked Moorcroft to send me does not fulfil the obligations under s78(1) of the cca 1974. As a result s78(6) renders the account unenforceable.

With regards to Harrasment from yourselves or moorcroft to telephone number 0**********, this is now my 11 year old daughters phone so you are harrasing a child, Despite a verbal request to stop these calls, I am still being contacted and I deem this to be personal harassment.
                            I now request that ALL further contact from your company be by letter only.

I believe that your continued harassment of me by telephone places you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, which could result in a substantial fine against your company.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Hope this is ok to send, again thanks guys for taking the time to help
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff.
                              No doubt Lowell will come back with some lame excuse but that's cos they are lame

Comment

Good stuff.
                                No doubt Lowell will come back with some lame excuse but that's cos they are lame
                                haha too true

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X