• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot / restons CCJ proceedings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabot / restons CCJ proceedings

hi
    this is my first post asking for help so please bear with me

on the 7th April 2011 i received a statement of default from capital one for a credit card debt which was very quickly taken over by F.T.C
    i sent a section 78 CCA request along with the £1 postal order which receipt of was confirmed on the 12th may 2011 informing me that the CCA request was forwarded to capital one and the account had been placed on hold

on the 8th of july 2011 capquest debt recovery started sending letters threatening legal proceedings if debt not paid, after the fourth letter i reminded capquest that a CCA request had been filed and until i receive a copy of it the account is in dispute
    on the 23 aug 2011 confirming they had received my letter and the account is put on hold

on the 14th nov 2011 debt recovery letters started to arrive from Fredrickson international limited
    i sent the same letter to fredrickson as i did to capquest informing them that a cca request was in place.
    on the 6th december 2011 i receive a letter from Bryan carter solicitors demanding payment and threatening litigation, i replied to this letter on the 9th december 2011 asking if they could prove the debt exists
    on the 15th december 2011 a letter confirming they had received my letter and placed the account on hold.
    the next letter i received on the 22nd december 2011 confirmed the receipt of the letter sent to bryan carter solicitors informing me the matter would be referred back to there clients ( capitol one i presume )

there a few letters in-between basically asking for money from all of the above but that was as far as it got

more recently i have been receiving letters from cabot and restons solicitors saying the debt has now been sold to cabot
    the first letter to arrive from cabot came on 21st october 2015, another on the 4th november and another on the 18th november 2015 all saying the same thing pay up or else
    on the 21st of november i sent a prove the debt exists type letter to cabot which was ignored
    on the 4th december i received a letter from restons threatening legal proceedings if debt is not paid so i sent a prove the debt exists type letter which they replied to saying as solicitors they do not hold a copy of the credit agreement and i should send the request to the correct party with the appropriate fee ( i thought i already had to capital one )
    restons have now applied for a CCJ at northhampton county court on the behalf of cabolt which i have acknowledged and filed a defence stating that the CCA request i filed back in 2011 was never received
    and the case should not have gone to court or words to that effect
    i also sent off another section 78 CCA request to cabolt and a request to see all documents related to the CCJ sent to restons

the latest letter from restons is asking me to provide documentation about sending a s.78 CCA request on the 19th april 2011 which was not complied with and would like the documentation by the 1st march 2016 so they can review the matter with their client.

do i have to send them documentation of the CCA request i made back in 2011 ?

i might have jumped the gun with putting my defence in early can i amend my defence at a later date ?

everything i have requested over the years has been ignored and to be honest i have no clue where is stand
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: cabot / restons CCJ proceedings

nobody ??

Comment

Hiya, apologies for missing your post last night xx just having a read through for you

do i have to send them documentation of the CCA request i made back in 2011 ?
      It would help if you did as you have used in in your defence. It is superseeded by your new request anyway so they still have to comply.

Do you have a copy of the text you used in your defence ? You will be able to amend but it does carry an application fee, and won't really need doing unless they suddenly come up with the CCA ( unless its really really bad of course - but doesn't sound like it)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Hiya, apologies for missing your post last night xx just having a read through for you

It would help if you did as you have used in in your defence. It is superseeded by your new request anyway so they still have to comply.

Do you have a copy of the text you used in your defence ? You will be able to amend but it does carry an application fee, and won't really need doing unless they suddenly come up with the CCA ( unless its really really bad of course - but doesn't sound like it)
        thanks for replying
        i have compiled a short letter and included a copy of the CCA request and acknowledgement letter i received and will be sending that off tommorow

the text i used in my defence is rather short and not very well written but i think it gets the point across that a CCA request was submitted back in 2011
        and this case really shouldn't be in court

here is the text

This account has been in dispute since May 2011 with the original
        creditors ( Capitol one ) a formal CCA request was submitted and
        acknowledged on the 19th April 2011. No CCA or any form of
        documentation have been received therefore making a claim in court
        inadmissible until such time a true signed copy of a CCA is
        received by me to prove it exists

i know it's not very well written i am no legal expert and i wanted to get my say in and not miss the deadline
        i'm hoping it's enough to make cabot ( or restons ) sit up and take notice
        i might be barking up the wrong tree but if my thoughts are right my case cannot be taken to court until the CCA request is fulfilled

any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Okay. We will probably need to amend if they do push forwards but it has obviously given them something to think on re the non compliance with the CCA.

The case can be taken to court without the CCA but it can't get to judgment without it.

Have a mooch at our example Defence > http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims ( not in a look what you should have done way, more for future ref so you have a better grasp of the principles )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do you want to post your draft letter up btw if you want some input?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay responding
              iv'e not heard back from restons yet although they have received the documents they asked for i will update when i get a response

Comment

Restons have now replied to my letter containing proof of a CCA request in may 2011 that had not been complied with
                the letter basically say they acknowledge the letter i sent and are requesting the CCA documents from the relevant bodies but it might take some time, they also remind me that once the documents are provided the case will continue

so now i wait to see if the CCA turns up but in the mean time the question i have is
                restons applied for a CCJ at northhampton county court on the behalf of cabolt on the 21/01/2016, i submitted a defence on 23/01/2016 and the defence was received on the 25/01/2016
                am i right in thinking restons / cabot have a limited period of time to respond to my defence of 28 days or there about ?
                it's clearly now past that time period do i contact the courts to find out what is happening and if the courts have had no response from restons / cabot do i ask for the case to be stayed or does that happen automatically ?

any help with this will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Comment

it will be stayed after 28 days for their non action! could ring the courts to confirm?

Comment

Did you offer a 28-day extension, & did they agree to it?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      it will be stayed after 28 days for their non action! could ring the courts to confirm?
                      thanks for the reply
                      if the stay is automatic i don't think there is a need to ring the courts is there ?

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Did you offer a 28-day extension, & did they agree to it?
                        thanks for the reply

i am not aware of a 28 day extension offered or agreed to, would this be in writing somewhere if it existed ?
                        to be honest i'm not sure what a 28 day extension is

Comment

Originally posted by m_cosmic View Post
                          thanks for the reply

i am not aware of a 28 day extension offered or agreed to, would this be in writing somewhere if it existed ?
                          Did you not refer to the suggested course of action shown at the top of the 'court claim' section of the forum?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by m_cosmic View Post
                            thanks for the reply

You filed your defence on 23/0116 and it was received by the Court? 25/01/16 Correct the court then passes copy to the defendant solicitors time scale 5 days for service 28 days to respond.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Did you not refer to the suggested course of action shown at the top of the 'court claim' section of the forum?
                              thanks for taking the time to reply

i'm not sure why i would want a 28 day extension i filed my defence within a couple of days of receiving the the claim
                              the defence is pretty straightforward, a s78 CCA request was submitted 5 years ago and not complied with i can't see how a 28 day extension would help me
                              i had already filed my defence before i started this thread maybe a 28 day extension might of helped me before the horse had bolted so to speak but hindsight is a wonderful thing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X