• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades Gateway

Hello guys,

i was wondering if anyone could help my brother please. My brother got an email from trades gateway and clicked on the link. It explained how you could pay and learn at the same time, well my brothers wife thought it was a good idea to get them back on there feet.

Only problem is my brother has a medical condition and suffers from agoraphobia anxiety and depression since 2003 as he was assaulted really bad on the streets and has not worked at all since then.

A representative came around to see my brother and his wife and explained how my brother could change his life through this course and after he qualified he would be earning around 35 to 40k a year. The rep asked for a history of my brothers work experience and studies and my brother explained that he had not worked since 2003 because of his health condition and was on citlopram and sleeping tablets.

My brothers problem is facing people and he finds it extremely difficult to speak to anyone. He is living on employment and support allowance and before that it was incapacity benefit since 2003.

I can not understand how this rep could have put my brother forward for this course as he is extremely not well and hardly leaves the house. It just seems to me that the rep sold this course for his own benefit and its really unfair he has put my brother in this position.

How my brother could have travelled to a college which is more then 2 hours away by public transport is unbelievable especially with his condition. He could not even walk to his local shop.

My brother completed the first assignment with the help of his son. he does not want to carry on with this course as he finds it extremely difficult to concentrate. He did not understand that he was signing up to a contract and is really pressured to carry on paying these instalments for a course he can never complete.

Can anyone help with some advice please it will highly be appreciated

Kind regards
    Tags: None

Re: Trades Gateway

Hiya, I'm sorry to hear your brother has been taken advantage of like that I think the sales rep could do with being reported to the FCA, but lets look at how to cancel firstly.

How long ago did he 'sign up' for the course?

Do you have copies of any of the documents ?

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Good morning Sharon, thank you so much for replying and i envy your time on this matter. My brother signed up for the this course in Sep/Oct 2014. The rep left his mobile number with my brother and told him that if he wanted to contact him he could do so at any time. My brother rang this rep a couple of times saying that he did not want to do this course but unfortunately the rep told him it was too late and you would have to carry on and finish the course. my brother has a severe communication problem and did not bother to call the rep again as he says that he was not helpful and sort of different toned to as he was when he visited my brother at home. I can not understand how this rep would have put my brother forward and in a position to work in such a hazardous environment where my brother would have to constantly be working in dangerous conditions and engaging with people as he is mentally not well to carry out these type of activities. My brother has been on medication and has a history of mental illness, and also has been on all sorts of medication and treatments by both his GP and psychiatrists.

To your question about copies of the documents Sharon my brother has everything in a laptop type of bag the rep left him.

I want to thank you once again for giving me your time on this matter Sharon.

Atiq:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

The rep doesn't care, he works virtually solely on a commission basis. I think their base salary is something like £12k, so they need to make sales to live basically.

Do you know how long after the visit your brother called the rep ? Also do you know if the rep visited once or twice ? ( usually twice, second one to do the credit agreement )

Could you have a mooch through your brothers bag and see if you can find anything that looks like a credit agreement and sign up sheet from TG pls.

Then we can get some letters together and suss out whether to make a complaint to the FCA and Trading Standards too.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Sharon, thanks for your swift reply, i have asked my brother and he has told me me that the rep came around twice, i have had a look through my brothers bag and found the documents you have stated.

kind regards

Atiq

Comment

Nice one, who is the creditor ? CF4TS ?

Any chance you can take a pic of the docs and email them to me ( admin@legalbeagles.info )
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Sharon, the creditor is CF4TS.

I will take some pics of the docs and email them to you.

Thanks Sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon i have sent all pics via the E-Mail you provided

Thanks Sharon

Kind regards

Atiq
                Last edited by Kati; 12th February 2016, 11:42:AM. Reason: removed your email address (privacy) ;)

Comment

Hi All, my partner fell in the same trap like many others in this thread. He did sign up for an Electrician course back in June 2014 so he is about halfway in time but still at Session 1 B as he had not much time recently to go ahead since his job position has been changed. He also found many bad reviews and has no will anymore to complete the course. So whoever was asking, even after 1.5 years he was not able to finish or to move ahead considerably. His rep was from Trading Gateway and the financial company is Carnegie. We are about to send the cancellation form back along with an explanation that he is about to move back to his home country so he won't be able to go any further with this course. It seems that once you're in it is extremely hard to get rid of them so we need to give a really good reason and we think the above is one of them. Since this thread started, could any of you Guys cancel the contract?
                  Btw their course information sheet tells about NVQ 3 diploma is inclusive of the course. I cannot upload but I've made a screenshot about it. So if that's not the case can we legally claim back the amount already paid which is close to 3 grounds??? But our primary goal would be to put an end to this as the rep also told misinformation about the physical trainig would be a total of 4 weeks meanwhile the course plan says 8. Who could afford to have 8 weeks unpaid holiday or to sacrifice all holidays for two years...
                  Last edited by VeronikaM; 14th February 2016, 21:18:PM. Reason: adding information

Comment

Good morning Sharon, and hello to everyone hope you have had a wonderful weekend, i was wondering if you had a chance to look through the documents.

Your advice is highly appreciated

Kind regards Atiq

Comment

Morning. Yes I have received copies Thank you for sending them over. The 'credit agreement' for over £5k is with CF4TS and it's all the standard paperwork. Hadn't seen that (worthless) guarantee ''certificate'' before.

So we need to get the cancellation/complaint letters sorted out xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for your swift reply Sharon, I am so thankful for your kind help and advice on this matter.

Legalbeagles are wonderful and i am so glad I have found your company

Thank you xx

Comment

I'm just getting some bits together to do a first draft of a letter xxx Should get something sorted by this evening
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so much, you are so kind and I really appreciate your time on this matter.

Have a wonderful blessed day xxx

Comment

Actually, just thinking, although you can write on your brothers behalf it may have more impact coming from an organisation such as citizens advice or a law centre. Not sure if you have tried speaking to anyone on behalf of your brother. It is a case of reminding the TG and CF4TS of your brothers medical conditions ( which were known to the sales rep at the time of sale ) and stating that the sales process was extremely misleading and your brother did not understand that he was entering into a credit agreement, it was not explained to him and he thought he would just pay monthly to do a course, and if it became too much for him could cease doing the course, and cease payments. He tried to cancel by calling the tutor on/about (date) but found him to be confusing and intimidatory and it has affected his mental health as he is constantly worrying about making the payments. Additionally the course requires a two week practical and he was not informed of this and due to his agrophobia would be unable to attend, again something which the sales rep was aware of. Is his wife on the same page as you with regards this course being missold - as she was present at the meeting she would make a good witness to the sales procedure and how much information was actually given at the time.

And cc the complaint to the FOS and the FCA.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X