• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton Court Defence - Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northampton Court Defence - Help!!

I am hoping i can get some legal advice as i am currently dealing with Restons Solicitors

I followed advice on here when i received a Northampton Court notice and to be honest i didn't really know what the content of the letters i sent meant and it looks like i may have made some mistakes.

I have received a letter back from Restons stating that they note i have filed a defence to the court proceedings and the basis of this.

They then go on to explain that Arrow Global is a debt purchaser.

They go into more detail stating that i should have statements off account from Sainsburys banketc, etc..

They end saying that they have responded to my CPR 31:!8 where they state it does not apply?
    Furthermore they are not aware of a properly constituted S.78 consumer credit act 1974 request being made & request I provide them with documentation evidencing this by 16 February 2016.

They then ask me to withdraw my defence by completing the Form N9A or will strike out my defence if don't hear back in 14 days?

Ok so i wrote to Arrow Global the claimant asking for the CCA but i think what they are saying is this should have been Sainsburys Bank? i received the £1 back from Arrow Global (not within the given time frame) but it wasn't clear what they were saying i can dig this letter out too.

Would anybody be willing to look at my paperwork and best advise my response.

I would be so very grateful.

Kind regards

HELP!
    Tags: None

Re: Northampton Court Defence - Help!!

Morning xxx It does sound like you have done the right things to date and the creditors 'dastardly plan' to confuse, confuddle and make you doubt yourself is working.
    The letter you have received is a standard letter. Arrow Global have purchased the debt, it has thus been assigned to them, and therefore they are the creditor and the CCA applies to them. Restons and Arrow won't have any documents at the moment, just your name and basic debt info on a big list. If you would like to take a pic of the letters and blank out your details then peeps here will take a look, and hopefully set your mind at rest.

Is this a Sainsbury's credit card ?
    Approx how much is the claim for ?
    What date is your defence due to be filed? or have you actually already done that ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly, yes this is a Sainsburys credit card that i suspected was statue barred, turns out they tell me it isn't but they still aren't providing me proof of the debt.

Attached is all the docs to date apart from the Arrow Global response to my CCA i will find it and attach also.

The defence is filed and also attached.

Your help with this is so very much appreciated.

Many thanks

B
      Attached Files
      Last edited by breezeplus; 5th February 2016, 18:07:PM. Reason: one attachment doesn't seem to have loaded

Comment

and this one!
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay thank you for doing that.

Your defence is fine

Arrow seem to be taking their case back in house off of Restons so that may be the next thing that happens.

You can send a copy of your CCA request and Arrows response to it over to Restons in reply to their letter.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Okay thank you for doing that.

Your defence is fine

Arrow seem to be taking their case back in house off of Restons so that may be the next thing that happens.

You can send a copy of your CCA request and Arrows response to it over to Restons in reply to their letter.
            Good Evening Amethyst,
            What makes you say that Arrow are taking it back i didn't see that at all

What should i reply back to Restons are you able to help me with this, do i ask them again to provide with details of the debt?

Just found Arrows letter it is interesting they are stating they are suspending collection activity until the provision of the documents. I haven't heard anything since this letter dated 05.01.2016.

I also have a letter from the courts dated 11th January 2016 stating the claimant must contact the within 28 days of my defence which surely has lapsed after that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. Attached.

I just don't know what any of this means and whether they can apply again?

You would think all the paperwork would be at hand before they start the ticking clock of court proceedings??

Thank you in advance of your help.

B
            Attached Files

Comment

Also referring to Restons letter dated 02.02.2016 why does CPR 31:14 not apply ?

and the S.78 should i have requested that from Sainsburys bank although i have no address details for them, is that why they state they are not aware of a properly constituted request?

Thanks
              B
              Last edited by breezeplus; 5th February 2016, 21:53:PM. Reason: typos

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X