• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial - double trouble & a CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial - double trouble & a CCJ

OK - That's brill thanks - hopefully there may be some light! - I'll try BDO tomorrow and report back what is said. Have a horrible feeling that solicitors may find wriggle room....

Comment

Solicitors that have been in liquidation for 5 years and which the liquidators seem to be having a nightmare sorting out the affairs for ?... I doubt it. xxxx

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history for ref.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does this ring a bell ?

They also do conveyancing if that helps. Although the amount doesn't sound like a conveyancing amount - so you are probably about right with the consultation.

Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

OK - thanks all for help so far.
          I have had another letter from Cabot so have replied to them referring back to the first 2 letters - it doesn't seem they have put 2 + 2 together yet.

In respect of the default - the joint account with the old Midland bank that my ex. is now paying off - is there a way of getting that removed?

In respect of the Ashton Morton Slack, I have phoned BDO - they (inevitably) didn't have any paperwork to hand but have said they will look and phone me back. I am in court on the 15th Feb - am I right in thinking that everything in my defence will need to be with them at least a week prior? - At the moment I have precisely nothing!

Thanks again for help so far - if anyone can help with the default that is my wife's debt that would be good.

Rammy68

Comment

Sky have now written to me in respect of the claimed outstanding debt and just pointed me back across to Cabot - But it was Sky that originally agreed it wasn't my debt and they wouldn't be taking any further action.

I guess I write to Sky again stating my case?

(Also any help with the other 2 problems from my post yesterday gratefully received (I know it's Christmas and everyone has better things to do!) :-)

Rammy68

Comment

OK Guys - update on this so far.
              Cabot have written and said they will write off the Sky debt as "they couldn't prove it was mine" - how very generous of them. They want me to phone about setting aside the default but have written to them again instead - agreeing stuff over the phone was partly what got me in trouble with Cabot in the first place! -

From my point of view I can't default on a debt that was legally transferred to my ex. as part of a divorce settlement - I wasn't aware that she had defaulted and Cabot never wrote to me to advise me they were taking us both into default - still not sure how exactly I can get them to remove it from my record.

In terms of the court case - I am in Leeds court on the 15th Feb to have the County Court judgement set aside - I have spoken once to the solicitors that took me to court and they promised to look into and get back to me - but I haven't heard anything since and time is ticking - do I ring them again, or does it go in my favour if I've already rung and it counts against them if they've not supplied any information?

Time is against me now as I am back in full time work and my university course has restarted so time is short - any help gratefully recieved.

Rammy68

Comment

Hi im wondering if someone can help me!!.. Ive received a letter saying claimant carbot financial name and address for payment mortimer clarke solicitors saying i havent replied to the claim form amd i have to pay £50 a month first of all im not even sure what this debt is for? Secondly i didnt receive a claim form? This is the first ive heard of this and i really aint in a position to pay £50 a month any help would be much appreciated as i know nothing about this stuff thanks

Comment

Hi Ellzzz - Don't panic :-)

Also it would be better if you start your own new thread - that way you will get individual responses to your problems.

Cabot are well known it seems on here for their practices - I think there's a way of getting the solicitors or Cabot to let you have everything they have about you and you can start from there. Main thing is DONT IGNORE IT - Take action and write to them - the folk of the board here will help with letters and templates etc.

Good luck :-)
                  Rammy68

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X