• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi,New member worried about solicitors letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,New member worried about solicitors letter

Hello all,after reading through the forum and seeing all the great advice given i am hoping someone can help me.

My problem seems similar to a few other threads i have read but as every case is different i thought i would start a thread just to check i have got the information i have read right.

Yesterday i received a letter from Mortimer Clarke solicitors telling me they had been instructed by their clients Hillesden Securities though when i searched for them it comes up with a company called DLC claiming i owe money to Black Horse Ltd.

About 10 years ago i went through a messy break up with my partner which led to me having a breakdown and things have become a blur and tbh i can't remember if i owed money or to who if i did.

I started a trial with Experian last night to see if anything they had on record would remind me but all they had was my bank account,my internet provider and some Wonga loans that were all paid back on time,though there was a CCJ that i didn't know i had from 5 years ago.

Can anyone help with what my next step should be regarding the solicitors letter,is it worth phoning them to ask for more details,they are claiming over a thousand pounds so not small change,and the thought of court is scary as i have a lot of trouble verbally putting my argument across.

I hope i have explained myself enough and i hope someone would be kind enough to offer some help.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi,New member worried about solicitors letter

dlc is a licensed trading style of Hillesden Securities

So Hillesden/DLC will have bought your debt off of BlackHorse.

Is the lettr a letter before court action ?

If so you should reply asking for more information about the debt as you are unaware of owing anything to Blackhorse and if there was anything you believe it would be statute barred under the Limitations Act as you have not had any dealings with BlackHorse in over 10 years.

You should also send a CCA request to Hillesden - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement

that CCJ should fall off your file in a years time, and if no steps have been taken to enforce it, the claimant will have to apply to the court for permission to enforce. Still it might be worth finding out what it is to see if anything can be done - possibly ask the court.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes the letter states if i do not respond they will issue a claim asking the court to make a judgment order against me for payment of the debt.

If i ask for more information is it best to do this in writing or is it ok to phone them and if i send a letter should i send recorded delivery?

Comment

Letter is best so that you create a paper trail if required later. You could send it signed for so that you know they got it or just get free proof of posting at the post office so that you can prove that it was sent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X