• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons/cabot help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons/cabot help!

Its gone from littlewoods barclycard to macenzie to cabot to restons by the look of it

Comment

Originally posted by hypnovic View Post
      Yes I have a copy of the claim for costs but not able to scan to post here. I am happy to peruse it but feel petrified of incurring more costs, Do I send a cca request to restons cabot macenzie or all of them?
      Can you take a picture with your phone or webcam and email it to me ? They are usually good enough quality to read that way. ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

Yes the CCA goes to Cabot as Joe mentioned xx As a littlewoods agreement originally was it a catalogue rather than a credit card ??

In 2003 littlewoods were exceedingly bad at retaining or even getting agreements.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

it was a credit card, littlewood-barclycard. Before I saw the payment schedule they did not get to use today I was using the defence of it being statute barred but i raised with the judge today I do not recognise the debt as mine as have never taken out credit of more than £1000 and know of another person with the same name and dob as me as our details have been confused before, have seen no evidence of this debt being mine. cant send screen shot or anything have an old style samsung no camera!

the letter simply states.

we enclose by way of service our cost schedule for the upcoming hearing please ensure you are in attendance.
        Statement of costs for hearing on 09/11/15
        it then has a breakdown of cost as follows:

emails;£ 66
        telephone;£ 22
        Attendances on opponents
        letters out/emails £99
        Attendance on others
        letters out £210
        telephone £ 55
        work done on documents as set out in schedule
        reveiw of set aside application £22
        review of file and docs £110
        n244 applications £44
        witness statement £66
        costs schedule £33
        total £275
        sub total £726
        fee for hearing £350
        court fees £250
        councils fees for hearing £600
        total £1946
        vat on sols and concils fee £215
        grand total £2161.20

I cant thankyou enough for your help

Comment

Definately get a CCA request sent off then.

I'll see if someone can look in on the insane costs schedule.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

no mention of unreasonable behaviour etc in the accompanying letter?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

First of all, the costs schedule is for the hearing of set aside correct? The judge set aside the CCJ, they lost and are therefore not entitled to any costs at all, provided there was no unreasonable behaviour on your part (assuming there wasn't).

In a small claims court, subject to unreaosnable behaviour and discontinuance, the successful party will be entitled to the cost of the application, and fixed costs set out under part 45. In your case, £80.

In other words, stick 2 fingers up at them and threaten them with harassment and reporting to the SRA.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

thank you all so so much, there has been no unreasonable behaviour and no mention of any in any letter.
                yes that was costs for the set aside and yes they lost that one.

was hoping for it to be over with now but here we go again!

cca request it is!

Comment

I am surprised the Judge has even considered the costs schedule considering the claimant should have provided the evidence on the stat barred status before the hearing.

Did the Judge give you a date by which to submit your defence?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes I have til the 24 th to submit defence and til march to supply and evidence I wish to use.

The judges so far have made it quite clear they Dont like restons much and are not happy with the way they have done things.

CCA sent today, again thanks so much for all help.

you may well have saved me from putting my head in the oven

Comment

Hi,
                      I wrote a letter to Restons requesting a copy of cca, I enclosed a postal order payable to Restons, who have been dealing with the case.

they replied as follows:

we acknowledge receipt of your letter which purports to be your section 78 cca 1974 request.
                      we are returning this request to you.
                      The section 78 cca needs to be made to the creditor cabot financial. your postal order has been made payable to restons which is incorrect. please ensure any future request is made payable to the correct party.

so am i writing the same letter to Restons but making the po payable to cabot or should I be writing directly to cabot?
                      |Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,
                        I wrote a letter to Restons requesting a copy of cca, I enclosed a postal order payable to Restons, who have been dealing with the case.

they replied as follows:

we acknowledge receipt of your letter which purports to be your section 78 cca 1974 request.
                        we are returning this request to you.
                        The section 78 cca needs to be made to the creditor cabot financial. your postal order has been made payable to restons which is incorrect. please ensure any future request is made payable to the correct party.

so am i writing the same letter to Restons but making the po payable to cabot or should I be writing directly to cabot?
                        |Thanks in advance
                        NO you should have sent the CCA request to CABOT and the postal order along with

Comment

ok thanks. just saw that had been posted b4, they are not wrong when the say stress makes you stupid hey!

Comment

Hi everyone. I sent my cca to Cabot which was signed for on Nov 20th. We are over the 12 +2 days now and had no response they have not cashed the cheque either what next?
                            Im due to defend the claim in small claims track in march, can this hearing go ahead without the cca?

Thanks ☺

Comment

Hi everyone. I sent my cca to Cabot which was signed for on Nov 20th. We are over the 12 +2 days now and had no response they have not cashed the cheque either what next?
                              Im due to defend the claim in small claims track in march, can this hearing go ahead without the cca?

Thanks ☺
                              Cabot will have to disclose any documents it intends to rely on at least 14 days before the hearing.
                              Without the CCA Cabot cannot enforce the debt. Don't chase the request!!

Phone the court office to check if Cabot's solicitor has filed anything.

nem

Comment

Thanks Cabot haven't been dealing with the debt I've been fighting restons (nasty bullies)and so far won twice, reasy for round three! Thanks ☺

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X